Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver profiles and seat settings.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having a problem over the past few months. My wife and I both have a profile in the default profile, and we have an Exit profile for sliding the sets back and tilting the steering wheel up for getting out of the car. Normally when arriving to wherever we are going, once stopped I select the exit profile and it does it thing. Than when getting back in, I reselect my profile and it goes to my stored seat position.
Lately when done driving, and selecting the exit profile, nothing happens except a spinning circle, and sometimes the green check mark. And the seat controls on the side do nothing. I wait awhile and sometimes after selecting again it will go to the exit position but normally nothing. I simply have to wait for the seat controls to work again and than move the seat.
The strange thing is this only happens when I am driving not for my wife. I have deleted my profile and reset it, as well as the exit profile but no changes. Has anyone seen this before?

I tried having an exit profile a year ago but was too impatient waiting for it to do its thing before getting out. I may have sometimes gotten a spinning circle too - can't remember. But the fabric on the B pillar at the top of the door, and the leather a little lower is starting to wear because of my continual squeezing by it on entry/exit. I may implement a less detailed (therefore quicker) exit profile and hope the problems you've noted don't show up.

I have yet to experience any problems switching between Driver Profiles as you discussed.

I to set up the Exit Driver Profile for my wife. She's 5", I'm 6' and I can't get in if she drove the car last.
Also she has difficulty getting in and out of the Next-Gen seat from her perched position and the lower seat position and raised steering wheel of the Exit Driver Profile saves wear and tear on the seat cushions and leather from her squeezing into the seat behind the lowered steering wheel.
It would be nice if this second seat/steering column exit position could be setup in the individual Driver Profiles, as an Driver Exit profile option that is triggered by selecting Park then opening the Driver Door. This would enhance the ease and comfort of getting into a car with high seat bolsters and a low steering wheel as is done with other car manufactures.
Of course, once you get in the driver seat you would need to select your specific Driver Profile.

Thanks all. And now to add more. Today we were driving back home ( about a 1 hour trip) and I noticed on the large screen,every so often the message to save my profile would pop up and display. No rhyme or reason why it was doing that. I had not adjusted anything on the seat. And than after about 25 minutes, the seat back moved very slightly and the message appeared again. Did it one more time a few minutes later. I tapped on the seat controls a bit to see if something was loose but found nothing. Think I'll have to raise it up to tesla tomorrow.