Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem Solved: iPhone 6+ Bluetooth Audio disconnects in 5 seconds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks!

Title says it all. I could not find a thread using search, but, there is always a good chance I missed one and would appreciate being directed to it.

Picked the car up yesterday. I am able to pair the phone without issue, but, it is constantly dropping its connection. Mobile seems fine, but, any audio app I play from my iPhone (Pandora, Music, etc) stops playing after 5 seconds.

I did the troubleshooting they recommended all the way up to resetting the screen. I unlearned the phone and re-learned it. It did actually work for a song or two. Now, heading back to the car a few hours later it is at it again.

Anyone run into something like this and if you did, what was the fix?

Thanks!

Leslie

Ok! Between myself and Tesla service we figure it out. Just in case someone else bumps into a similar problem....

My Find what matters: Find your lost keys, wallet, or bag! was interfering with the Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I removed the app (sadly removing the functionality of the Tile) and my Bluetooth is no longer dropping.

Makes sense. Those apps use low energy bluetooth 4 also, but does so in the background - perhaps you can request they change the app to only use BT when its in use (or the option).

Ok! Between myself and Tesla service we figured it out. Just in case someone else bumps into a similar problem....

My Find what matters: Find your lost keys, wallet, or bag! was interfering with the Bluetooth connection to the Tesla. I removed the app (sadly removing the functionality of the Tile) and my Bluetooth is no longer dropping.

I have a similar device from Protag on my keyfob since this is my first keyless vehicle. Both my phone and it beep when they are a certain distance apart, except when within range of my wifi network at home (leave the keys on the keychain).