Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chewy's model S mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

I posted a page with my mods, including trailer notes.

includes subwoofer, rear speakers, trailer hitch and wiring, and now the MyPod with rear view on dash. Big thanks to Joe S. (for general EV advice) and Artsci (for specific tesla camera questions).

Tesla mods | Chewy's Blog
https://chewydoc.wordpress.com/tesla-mods/

No. Virtually nothing. I did all kinds of upgrades to my Dodge Viper (upgraded calipers, rotors, ss brake lines, smooth tubes, windage tray, oil pan doors, short shifter, 5 point harnesses, high flow cats, cat back exhaust, VEC1, fan relay, hood light, HID lamps, fire exting, clutch link, etc) and to my Chevy K2500 (too many to list) but the Tesla has just not sparked that urge in me. Not sure why but I really miss the tinkering that the other vehicles encouraged me to do.

That trailer is pretty cool.

No. Virtually nothing. I did all kinds of upgrades to my Dodge Viper (upgraded calipers, rotors, ss brake lines, smooth tubes, windage tray, oil pan doors, short shifter, 5 point harnesses, high flow cats, cat back exhaust, VEC1, fan relay, hood light, HID lamps, fire exting, clutch link, etc) and to my Chevy K2500 (too many to list) but the Tesla has just not sparked that urge in me. Not sure why but I really miss the tinkering that the other vehicles encouraged me to do.

That trailer is pretty cool.

I wish that I had started tinkering with cars earlier. My work started on all electrics. I didn't learn to do much on ICE vehicles until they started requiring special equipment for the electronics. With a tesla, I am staying entirely on the 12v side of things. I would not ever mess with anything high voltage or in the software. I leave that to the programmers and electrical engineers.

The trailer sure turns heads. More than the tesla. It's very light so I don't notice it, except for an energy hit of 10-15%. Even brought it tonight to work in case there's down time to rest a bit.