Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-wheeled transport evolved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the support everyone. I know the show isn't to everyone's tastes. We do try hard though, and keep the technology fairly light (for consumers more than anything else)

As for the three-phase AC motor start? Yes, I could have explained it...

Regards

N

Hey Bud,

watchout after badmouthing someone that you don't mess up both Pythagoras and trigonometry in the next paragraph: A right triangle with sides 1 unit and 2 units long will have a hypotenuse of root 5 and the angles will not be 30 and 60 degrees.
A 30/60/90 triangle has sides in the ratio of 1:root 2:2.

:)
Woody

The general public didn't love the Aptera and never has accepted 3 wheeled vehicles in any volume. To design such a vehicle is to guarantee limited if any success. I'm not sure what forums you were reading but most that I frequent have little tolerance for perpetual motion schemes.

I'm not sure what the production numbers for three wheelers were supposed to prove. I get the impression that you felt they in some way showed that three wheeled vehicles were and could be successful, but all they show was a tiny tiny percentage of vehicles ever made, exactly my point. Their current value as odd collectors items is irrelevant.