Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla model s dc-dc converter plug help needed !!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, Im repairing Tesla Model S (Front Collision TESLA P85. Repair and Troubleshooting Help Needed.). I got stock with wire connector that i need. The wire that goes to DC-DC Converter SIGNAL Plug is messed up completely, The wire harness is just over $1000, and since I just have one damaged wire connector I dont feel like pay $1000 for the whole wire. Maybe Someone can help me with connecting me with someone who parting out the Tesla, or atlest I need just a picture of that connector with wires, so I could see what color goes where??? It just has 5 wires in it. Here is the picture of the converter and my cut wire.
20150413_191319.jpg

20150413_191400.jpg

My understanding is that if you know someone in MA the service information that those residents can access is very good and it includes the connector details that you would want.
It is a shame that the rest of us don't have access to such useful data. I suspect the information would be very helpful for allowing safe repairs.

What is your production date? Is the DC to DC converter in the passenger wheel well or behind the Frunk? I will see if I can pull the wheel liner and take a picture, my DC to DC on my Dec 2013 is in the passenger wheel well. On my March 2014 production P85 I'm not sure where it is....

Not sure why Tesla would release the patents on the market and then screw the owners who are now treading dangerously close to High Voltage lines installing simple things like radar detectors, Blackvue cameras etc.... I almost got smoked poking around with a screw driver in the passenger wheel well - until I realized where that HV output was.... theres enough power in there to make you nice and crispy if you get too close...

Last edited:
What is your production date? Is the DC to DC converter in the passenger wheel well or behind the Frunk? I will see if I can pull the wheel liner and take a picture, my DC to DC on my Dec 2013 is in the passenger wheel well. On my March 2014 production P85 I'm not sure where it is....

Supposedly got moved somewhere behind the microwave area in the frunk.

My Tesla P85 is 2013. Dc dc converter is right behind the passenger front wheel. You need to pull the back side of fender liner to be able to take a picture and see what wire goes where. There few same color wires, but one of them has stripe on it.

By looking closely and carefully i was able to figure out the wiring on the plug. However, the plug that i ordered the other day didnt come yet. So today i got used another plug, which was similar but not the same. It seems like it worked out and plug goes into dc-dc inverter pretty well. Thanks a lot for all your help and suggestions.

Hello, Im repairing Tesla Model S (Front Collision TESLA P85. Repair and Troubleshooting Help Needed.). I got stock with wire connector that i need. The wire that goes to DC-DC Converter SIGNAL Plug is messed up completely, The wire harness is just over $1000, and since I just have one damaged wire connector I dont feel like pay $1000 for the whole wire. Maybe Someone can help me with connecting me with someone who parting out the Tesla, or atlest I need just a picture of that connector with wires, so I could see what color goes where??? It just has 5 wires in it. Here is the picture of the converter and my cut wire.
View attachment 81661
View attachment 81662
by any chance did they let you know the actual name of where the connector comes from? we are having a hard time finding it. thank you!