Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is deep blue metallic really the new name of Ocean Blue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw the Deep blue metallic in person last week, and it was way darker than the one shown on Tesla website.

However, when I checked the Sweden EVing gas station event, I notice that car is much more close to the ocean blue listed on tesla front page.

That got me thinking if Tesla secretly changed the color and made us think that deep blue metallic is the new name of "Ocean blue" and reserve the real Ocean blue for later use (an executive color for "P" model?)

Here I list some of the pictures I found on the web and 2 pictures that I took the other day. My pictures are closer to the one taken by another member on this forum. However, they both look different to the one in Sweden and on Tesla Front page. I was going to switch my P85D order from the old blue to the Ocean Blue, but deiced to keep the old blue after seeing the new blue in person.

Hopefully my guess is wrong and Tesla isn't going to announce a executive color for the "P" car right after I pick up the P85D.
DSC00492.jpg
Ocean Blue 2.jpg
20150513_175403.jpg
20150513_175453.jpg
blue 70D.jpg
Ocean Blue.jpg

Last edited:
The colors on the Tesla website (at least for new blue and titanium) appear brighter on the website than they really are on the car, IMHO.

They are. I ordered the new blue before seeing it. My owner advisor warned me the color is darker than the website.

I saw it a few weeks later as a sample, and it looks great, but it's not the same as the website.