Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy the rest of the Tesla line up coming soon.

Would you buy the rest of the tesla lineup coming soon?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right. But for a lot of people, the two choices don't work. "In a heartbeat" doesn't work if people don't need that many vehicles. It has nothing to do with "don't have the money".

The poll was supposed to have more than two questions I just was on an iPad and those were the two fastest things that popped up in my head but sorry if these two answers don't apply to you.

No, I don't need 3 cars.
I thought about possibly purchasing a roadster at some point but decided against it as I don't need it, I wouldn't drive it much.

However i do plan on having a tesla only family, when I get married maybe the Model X will come in handy :)

We have owned a Roadster, 85, 60 and soon a 70D.
My wife wants a Model X and the Model 3 is my idea of the perfect car.
We won't own them all at the same time (the Roadster and 60 are already gone).
But we do expect to be Tesla owners for a very, very long time.

SUVs are an american thing. They are ineffecient and completely unnecessary. It allows people to "sit up high" and feel "king of the road". This is all to coax egos. If you've ever traveled outside the US, you'll see the rest of the world doesn't drive them. I HATE SUVs now. Underpowered, overweight, and inefficient.

The Model 3 will be a great car for the people that don't think it costs more to reduce your pollution/emissions. Someday people will understand that the environmental responsibility "costs" more. But, it's the RIGHT thing to do.

So, I voted no. I love Tesla as a company and am sure they will succeed, but that's how I feel about the other vehicles. Having said that I'll be ordering my MS in 3 days. Charge on.

SUVs are an american thing. They are ineffecient and completely unnecessary. It allows people to "sit up high" and feel "king of the road". This is all to coax egos. If you've ever traveled outside the US, you'll see the rest of the world doesn't drive them. I HATE SUVs now. Underpowered, overweight, and inefficient.

Unnecessary? I guess you don't have kids (or not enough to require more seating than for 5 people). The alternatives to SUV's is Minivans and if you want to talk about Underpowered, overweight, and inefficient....

SUVs are an american thing.

Perhaps they WERE an American thing, as you say, but some recent trips to different areas of Asia would say that is not true.

And let's not forget vehicles like the British Land Rover. It's been around since the late 40s. Definitely not an American-thing, but a worldwide-thing. And inspiration for many SUVs that followed.

It allows people to "sit up high" and feel "king of the road".

You, perhaps. But this feels just a tad 'judgmental' of everyone else. I honestly don't remember ever feeling like 'king of the road'.

Some people have an actual need for an SUV. I live in a country setting and use the AWD aspect of my current SUV on a regular basis. I expect to do the same with its replacement, a Model X.

Exactly the same could be said of most any European luxury sedan. Inefficient and completely unnecessary. Worse gas mileage than a standard sedan and can do nothing more. Overweight and filled with useless fancy plastics and wood. This is all to coax egos and make people feel like they are important.

Actually the SUV's are very useful when you need to cart 7 kids to the movies or transport some 4x8 sheets. The Euro sedans are truly useless... :smile:

I think pickups are truly the only really useful vehicle.

The Model 3 will be a great car for the people that don't think it costs more to reduce your pollution/emissions. Someday people will understand that the environmental responsibility "costs" more. But, it's the RIGHT thing to do.

So, I voted no. I love Tesla as a company and am sure they will succeed, but that's how I feel about the other vehicles. Having said that I'll be ordering my MS in 3 days. Charge on.

I'll put it this way. If the question were "rest of the Apple lineup coming soon" the answer would be the same: no.

I hope to some day trade in my S for a new S, or X, or something (doubtful the 3). But just like I will never buy an Apple Watch, I'd never buy a Roadster. I have no interest in an iPad Mini. Or an iMac. Or a Mac Pro. (Well, some interest :)

As for Tesla, I want range. I don't care about 1G+ jolts and 0-60 in 3.2 or even 2.3 seconds. I just want range. Gimme range. I might seriously trade in the car if Tesla got the range to 350-400mi.

i am well on the way of becoming an all tesla product range guy. however the 3 does not interest me at this point since I do not think it will be small enough. on the other hand, if it is small enough my interest would rise significantly. it could then replace my wife's Mini Countryman......... :). but in a heartbeat..... no. it's not about the cost, it's about needs, wants and aspirations......