Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cruise Not available error reappearing after replacing Front camera hardware.Any fix?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been receiving the 'Cruise not available' error every now and then (it's not getting fixed since the past 3 days). I understand it's not supposed to work in the rain and snow, but it's been sunny out here (Norway) for the past few days and there is no residue on the front radar either. Service center took it in a week back and replaced the front camera, issue has started appearing again.
Is there anyone else with Autopilot that is facing this same issue? Have you managed to fix it? If yes, how?

My car was doing this , it took a camera and radar recalibration to fix it. I have only had my car back 2 days at this point so we will see moving forward.

IMAG2655_zpsmbsblxkt.jpg

Some info on what they did and reference number.
Concern: Customer states: alert appeared "cruse control disabled at 8:26 AM 5/13/2015

Pay Type: Warranty

Corrections: Cruise Control General Diagnosis

Per toolbox case #76618, camera and radar both require calibration. Successfully calibrated both the camera and radar. Performed function test of brake light switch, switch is operating correctly. Vehicle operation is normal.

I had a few issues with this in heavy snow and rain, and then a little later I had problems activating the TACC in nice weather too. But the problem went away by itself and hasn't returned for at least 3 weeks.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]They recalibrated it and after that the problem hasn't come up yet. I think it has something to do with rain (hasn't rained after repairing it) so let's see how long this works. [/COLOR]