Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Google earth EV1 sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That copyright date doesn't have anything to do with the date the satelite pic was taken. I just looked at my house and it says (c)2010 too and the picture is at least 5 years old (Judging by the vehicles parked there).

I don't think Google Street View had much of a pre-2007 data set to work with.
As far as I know, the Street View cars started doing photo runs through minor streets only later.

The "Google Maps" / "Google Earth" view from above dataset was different. They had old Keyhole data going way back.
So, yeah, the view from above could have been old, but the I think the Street View points to much more recent acquisition.

I had noticed that Street View images on my own residential street were often within months of current, so I don't think they intentionally delay them very much.

I couldn't access my address through street view, so I can't compare. I wonder what their update criteria is?

If I had to guess that satelite image of my house when I looked today is from early 2005.

Guys you are missing the point! Google streetview started in 2007! And that picture with the EV1 from google streetview can't be older than from 2007! Just call google themselves if you don't believe me. So who's the owner of that EV1?

OK, so I finally got a chance to play with google streetview on my other computer. I looked at a whole lot of different familiar locations, in various states. ALL of the older images that I tried to zoom into get really blurry to the point where it's hard to identify vehicles other than by color. The more rural the place, the older the pics seem to be.

Since this EV1 has really good resolution pics, these might be recent images so there is a possibility it is a survivor. I wouldn't bank on it though.

Anybody here live close enough to this location that could go "snoop" a little?

I was going to say, anyone in the area care to drive past and see if that San Diego bus and the two semi-trucks are parked there?

I believe the trucks are late pre-2003 model Freightliner C120s (from the grill), so they could be old pics as the trucks are quite clean :cool: