Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Knocking sound from power liftgate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine was much worse than this and they replaced the motor which is actually built into the (IIRC) right strut. the left strut is just a strut, not motor. The sad part is the new motor is starting to sound labored like the old one... I do use the lift gate a good bit (probably around 4-5x per day) with one usage being up and down.

mine was much worse than this and they replaced the motor which is actually built into the (IIRC) right strut. the left strut is just a strut, not motor. The sad part is the new motor is starting to sound labored like the old one... I do use the lift gate a good bit (probably around 4-5x per day) with one usage being up and down.
I realize this is an old thread but it fits my question. My lifgate just started making this exact noise. So since this is from last year did you have to have the strut replaced again? I'm wondering if I just live with it or is this an indication of imminent failure? Out of warranty so this will be out of pocket.

I realize this is an old thread but it fits my question. My lifgate just started making this exact noise. So since this is from last year did you have to have the strut replaced again? I'm wondering if I just live with it or is this an indication of imminent failure? Out of warranty so this will be out of pocket.
My strut was replaced like Seminole's a few days later. The sound has not yet returned.