Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest MSRP for a Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this possibly the highest MSRP Roadster ever made, stickered at over $165K?

roadster.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Roads...tr=true&hash=item2a4fe64e58&item=181729119832

Looks like it has EVERY option that was available:

Premium Paint
Paint Armor
Full Body Paint Armor (entire car)
Solar guard windshield
Executive leather and Premium Seats
Infotainment group

Carbon Fiber Pieces:
Door sills
Upper door sills
Instrument binnacle
Stereo binnacle
Center console trim
Hood panels
Rear spoiler
Body side ducts
Hard top

You can see on another screen that it is actually 157 miles... the 107 miles you see under the speedo is the range based on the last few miles of driving (which have clearly been "spirited"). Mind you our exact same Roadster with > 40000 miles driven has 172 miles at 80% so, while it is not as low as you say, 157 is still suspiciously low for an essentially new car.

Perhaps it has been left to run very low for a while or it has been stored with little care? Either way, it doesn't jive with what looks like a nearly new Roadster.

Forget MSRP, check out this used price for a "final 5":

Tesla Exotic Car Search

I saw that one. It's been listed for more than a year!

- - - Updated - - -

You can see on another screen that it is actually 157 miles... the 107 miles you see under the speedo is the range based on the last few miles of driving (which have clearly been "spirited"). Mind you our exact same Roadster with > 40000 miles driven has 172 miles at 80% so, while it is not as low as you say, 157 is still suspiciously low for an essentially new car.

Perhaps it has been left to run very low for a while or it has been stored with little care? Either way, it doesn't jive with what looks like a nearly new Roadster.

I never knew that. So the way that it works is that the range indicator below the speedo is based upon recent driving (how many miles?), whereas the range from the lower screen on the right is based upon something different? Is the bottom screen range based on "average" driving?

On another note, a 172 mile range @ 80% is incredible! I've driven 7 different Roadsters and they all range between 170-185 when fully charged. What is your range at 100%?

Last edited:
On another note, a 172 mile range @ 80% is incredible! I've driven 7 different Roadsters and they all range between 170-185 when fully charged. What is your range at 100%?

"Fully charged" in Standard mode is actually about 83% charged at the battery, at least according to my car's logs. The upper end of the theoretical battery charge is left unused in order to reduce stress on the battery. So, 80% is about right for "fully charged" in Standard mode, and 172 miles is about right for a car with 40k mi on it. Mine gets to the low 170s, and I have 31k miles on it.

That car is showing 157 miles at about 75% battery. I think the post above saying it charges to 182 is accurate.

I never knew that. So the way that it works is that the range indicator below the speedo is based upon recent driving (how many miles?), whereas the range from the lower screen on the right is based upon something different? Is the bottom screen range based on "average" driving?
Yes, one is "ideal" range and the other is "estimated" range.