Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Backseat Covers for Dogs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm picking up my Model S this Friday and will need a backseat cover for when my 80lb Boxer for when he goes for rides with me. I've looked through the forums and the only thing I've found was in regards to the Orvis Dog Cover but wasn't sure which size or type will fit the car.

If not sure about the Orvis Cover then what have your ordered and liked for your car.

So I'm picking up my Model S this Friday and will need a backseat cover for when my 80lb Boxer for when he goes for rides with me. I've looked through the forums and the only thing I've found was in regards to the Orvis Dog Cover but wasn't sure which size or type will fit the car.

If not sure about the Orvis Cover then what have your ordered and liked for your car.

I ordered one of those trunk carpet covers from someone on the forum and then just put the seats down but my dogs are small and medium sized. In my other cars (audi Q5 and Mercedes E63) we have the kurgo hammock covers. I like the durability of the covers especially with their nails. You might also want to consider getting the window coverings to protect against drool and scratches http://www.autoanything.com/seat-covers/69A2349A0A0.aspx.

Congrats on your new car!

I got a really cheap set- Amazon.com: Kyjen OH00679 Back Seat Hammock Dog Auto Travel Back Seat Pet Hammock Easy-Fit Seat Cover, Large, Black: Pet Supplies

I got front/rear NG seats (originally, performance seats, which also work fine) and the headrests are fine to throw the seat cover over all four headrests. They easily remove when I want to put humans in the back.

The only defect is they cover the rear vent, so it is warmer (or, I suppose, colder if you don't have heated seats) than it should be for my beloved canines.

WARNING: personal preference if this is a bad thing or not, suppose it depends on the dog: I have black interiors, and with the black seat cover, it is DARK in the back seat for them to jump into. It makes one of my dogs a bit nervous.

This is awesome. I finally allowed my two lunatic dogs in my Miss Tess. it was quite an emotional letting go for me, I must say. I used a king size super plush blanket that I was able to actually cinch up in the rear windows so that they didn't trash the rear doors with the seats folded. It works well, but looked like hell. I'm still in the learning phase on what to do since I sold my other car. But this Backmat looks great.

For the lazy, or less bored: Aforementioned Backmat thread: Cargo Area Liner Mat for Easy Cleaning

I use a Canine Cover which I got for my prior car but it works well in the Model S too. I've been using it for a year with no issues and no regrets.

The dog prefers the quiet ride of the car without all those stinky fumes and engine noise.

img_2664.jpg