Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Only Tranmere doing seat swaps in GTA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I was contacted by Tesla a few days ago about coming in to swap to NG seats. I live in Scarborough but they said that the swap will be done at Tranmere. I wonder if this is just the luck of the draw or are they only doing the seat swaps at Tranmere?

I am wondering if it is worth getting the rear NG seats since I hear that they don't fold down flat.

Had mine installed a week ago. They don't fold completely flat, but I'm not sure that I can think of a realistic circumstance where it's any less useful than with the old seats. There's still a ton of room there, and it's not like people are going to be using a Tesla for hauling sheets of plywood.

The front and back seats look great and are the most comfortable car seats that I've ever had. They look completely appropriate for the vehicle, whereas the old ones were a bit less than I would have expected.

There's one thing that puzzles me. If they decided to go ahead with all-new seat designs, why didn't they design in a flip down center armrest/cupholder into the rear seat while they were at it?

Thanks - I have a 6.5 year old daughter who is in a booster seat and I do have a bit of an issue today doing up the seat belt as you have to push the seat up as the seat belt is behind part of the seat. Any feeling on whether this is better or worse in the NG seats? I am guessing it might be worse if they have more bolstering as they seat will then have to be positioned closer to the centre.

Thanks - I have a 6.5 year old daughter who is in a booster seat and I do have a bit of an issue today doing up the seat belt as you have to push the seat up as the seat belt is behind part of the seat. Any feeling on whether this is better or worse in the NG seats? I am guessing it might be worse if they have more bolstering as they seat will then have to be positioned closer to the centre.

I have NG seats and can say that the buckle is behind the booster, so definitely no better, can't compare to the original seats to say if it's worse or not.

Had mine installed a week ago. They don't fold completely flat, but I'm not sure that I can think of a realistic circumstance where it's any less useful than with the old seats. There's still a ton of room there, and it's not like people are going to be using a Tesla for hauling sheets of plywood.

Actually, I do use my Tesla like a truck to replace my SUV. I have the rear seat down a lot and carry my gear and all sorts of big things.
More room in my car than my big Navigator actually!

- - - Updated - - -

I would still like to see Tesla offer older cars the option of swapping out the really uncomfortable 2013 seats with these newer NG seats.
Obviously it is possible. Why don't they do it I ask?