Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago Hotel/Charging Options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Native Chicagoan here,

Although Plugshare has a respectable amount of information, it is far from inclusive. To answer your question, I don't know of any hotels that have a HPWC, although statistically most hotels use a shared garage, and nearly ALL the garages are lit up with a L2 charger or two. Anecdotally, they are usually filled with a Volt or Prius or something else that isn't really a full ICEing, but enough to annoy a 100% EV that really needs it.

So... to help out: First, remember the Tesla showroom at Grand Ave has a BUNCH of HPWCs outside for their vehicles, although I've never tried them. They are very welcoming, and I'm sure they'd let you stay there for a few hours. Also, if you look very carefully at the supercharge.info site, you will notice there are two secret supercharger slots there. They are often busy, but a very short trip outside downtown that can get you filled quickly. We also have superchargers on the interstates in all directions out of town.

The easiest third party network is Chargepoint... they have plans with no monthly charges and more expensive (read: emergency) L2 hourly options; EVGO is another that has I think 2 CHAdeMO options outside of a few additional Nissan dealers if you have one of those adapters.

Long story short, look around... there are plenty of options. We are a Tesla friendly state. :biggrin:

Hello, I am planning a trip to downtown Chicago. My forum searches haven't revealed the information I am looking for. Does anyone here have any suggestions for an ideal hotel to stay at that has onsite Tesla charging? I would prefer a reliable option. Are there any hotels that cater to Model S owners?
Thanks,
Frank

Hi Frank,

From the Tesla Find Us web page:

Four Points Sheraton 2-HPWCs

Park Hyatt Chicago 1-HPWC

These hotel locations are already programmed in your Model S navigation system. Go to the "Places" tab then select the "Destination Chargers" tab.

Larry

Chicagoan here. Sometimes my wife and I stay downtown overnight and we like to stay at the Kinzie Hotel. http://www.reservations.com/hotel/kinzie-hotel

It is more of a boutique style hotel. Has complimentary breakfast (setup on each floor) and has a happy hour each night where guest get a couple free drinks.

There is a charger in a public garage about 1 block away with several chargers. Checkout chargepoint.net. Also many garages downtown have charging stations so you should be able to find a garage with chargers no more then a couple blocks away from just about any hotel.

Hello, I am planning a trip to downtown Chicago. My forum searches haven't revealed the information I am looking for. Does anyone here have any suggestions for an ideal hotel to stay at that has onsite Tesla charging? I would prefer a reliable option. Are there any hotels that cater to Model S owners?
Thanks,
Frank

I stay at the Waldof Astroia when I travel to Chicago. The hotel and residences have HPWC available and valet staff is excellent.