Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Features u wish to add to MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wish
1) when i exit the car, steering wheels could retract & the seat could backward for easy departure
2) Give me back my web browser & voice command to search for music online
3) a password activate to lock the glove compartment
4) Aerial view with surrounding generated by radar when parking

These are not too hard to achieve, a software update will pretty much do it all

1) should be easy fix by software, car with this price tag should have it
2) was taken away by Transport department
3) turn on valet mode then you'll have this
4) um .... not sure about this, I still use side mirrors with backing in and only look at the display during last few inches of reversing. For me too much electronic assistance could be distracting.

I wish
1) when i exit the car, steering wheels could retract & the seat could backward for easy departure

Many people do this now by setting up a separate driver profile called "exit" (or whatever you like) with the steering wheel and seat set as you describe. I'm not sure how much better you could do by making it an explicit feature, actually – I wouldn't want my steering wheel and seat to start to move automatically whenever I put the car in park. Maybe you could trigger it off of opening the driver's door, that would be better in some ways but might require you to open the door earlier than you would otherwise, especially if it's raining. If you triggered it off of poking something on the screen, it's really no different from selecting the "exit" profile.

1. Gentle automatic frunk latching (or power frunk like the rear lift gate option).
2. Updated CPU for main console to improve responsiveness.
3. LTE, unless this means we have to start paying for in car internet, in which case I can live with free 3G forever.

I didn't know #2 was taken away?

You are in the Hong Kong specific forums.

Hong Kong Transport Department, lovingly abbreviated "TD", has reached about year 1955 when it comes to keeping up with technology. Amazing we got it approved to even use EVs on the roads (but it was a fight). For a while, it wasn't approved to drive EVs on the expressway in Hong Kong: It is currently illegal to run out of electricity on the expressway

We also cannot have the rear facing child seats in Hong Kong, despite this is the safest place, in the safest production car of the world. On the other hand: There are no requirements to strap down infants in any way, in cars in Hong Kong. People happily sit with kids in their lap (well, some do). Yes, in 2015.

We wanted to have the web browser then, at least when the car is in Park. No, cannot. Law says cannot, law is good.

You are in the Hong Kong specific forums.

Hong Kong Transport Department, lovingly abbreviated "TD", has reached about year 1955 when it comes to keeping up with technology. Amazing we got it approved to even use EVs on the roads (but it was a fight). For a while, it wasn't approved to drive EVs on the expressway in Hong Kong: It is currently illegal to run out of electricity on the expressway

We also cannot have the rear facing child seats in Hong Kong, despite this is the safest place, in the safest production car of the world. On the other hand: There are no requirements to strap down infants in any way, in cars in Hong Kong. People happily sit with kids in their lap (well, some do). Yes, in 2015.

We wanted to have the web browser then, at least when the car is in Park. No, cannot. Law says cannot, law is good.

It is not the law in HK that has an issue, it is the people running the government offices, and the bunch of so-called legco members. This is why HK is falling behind with the rest of the neighbouring cities.

agree 1 is useless.

more hole to put stuff in on the doors, like the demo MX
tesla-model-x-detroit-2013-13.jpg