Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definitely not a FIRST, but a THIRD World problem....mine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Typing this in a morphine-imduced haze, and typos rampant, but:

So am in Fairbanks hospital after major surgery, and now missing good portion of my colon (entire caecum), but theoretically will recover.

And today case person comes in and, among other questions, asks whether my house i'll be going back to "Has plumbing?"

Now, THAT is not a question they would think of asking at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic!!!!!! But this is Alaska, and it's a necessary question.

That is all.

So sorry you are having health issues! We also often ask (in the U.S.) if there is heat or a telephone. Makes you think about how lucky we really are! Hope you recover soon! I'm sure they don't let dogs into visit:crying:

ggr: as apposite as your post was, what definitely did NOT need to read was a line that put me in stitches. Cuz I already am....plus, have no stomach muscles to hold my gut in, so to speak. The only thing that hurts worse than laughing is sneezing. Yeeeooww:scared:

Thanks for the fine thoughts, everyone. PLUS......we are strongly looking into cancelling almost our entire tourist season (gulp), and recuperating in the south. So there all of a sudden has opened up an excellent possibility that I will be around that part of the country in 53 days from now. Never thought I could get to TMC Connect....

And today case person comes in and, among other questions, asks whether my house i'll be going back to "Has plumbing?"

Now, THAT is not a question they would think of asking at the Scottsdale Mayo Clinic!!!!!! But this is Alaska, and it's a necessary question.

That is all.

I wish you a speedy recovery, but that question is still quite relevant at the Mayo in Scottsdale. You do know that hospital is only a few miles from Indian reservations bordering Scottsdale and not everyone on the reservation has indoor plumbing?

I'm glad your providers were so thorough. I assure you many in Scottsdale and Phoenix metro would be just as thorough.

Get well soon.