Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Possible Model 3 test mule sighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw this posted on my FB timeline:

New Tesla model? Spotted on 580, continued to 238 then turned on 880 toward Fremont.

95Sc5qN.jpg

IMHO I doubt it. It looks like there are some exhaust cut outs at the rear, but that could be just to throw people off (?). What do you all think?

Could be, although it seems too big? This looks like the kind of car that rarely goes far from the factory unless it is on a trailer. Do any other manufacturers test around here?

The door handles, shark-fin and exhaust cutouts could easily be part of the camo. But those look like Model S wheels. And the curve of the boot lid looks very similar to Model X. Maybe the Model S facelift?

Our latest credible datapoint from the "wait but why" blog who made an interview with Elon and visited the HQ is that they were at the clay model phase with Model 3, fine tuning the design. There is no way they made the jump to a road worthy test model yet.

The car they'll show us in March 2016 should be a very early prototype, I'd be suprised if even that one could actually drive on an open road.