Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SAE J1772 Holder in Glove Box?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Just took delivery a few days ago, and have been doing a lot of reading. One thing I keep seeing is references to a cubby inside the glove box that should hold the J1772 adapter. I've checked below the 17" display, and the glove box itself, I don't see anything that this adapter could fit into.
Could somebody please take a picture of there's so I can make sure I'm not loosing my mind or making a very silly mistake?

Thanks!!

IMG_0614.JPG
Just to confirm then, my left corner should be looking like this (flat), what is that little odd circle on the left wall there? Haven't been turn up any details on that.

Thanks!

Interesting. Seems like it is going to be hit or miss on who has the recess in box right now unless the trend moves more towards no one having it after say mid-May deliveries. It is either that or perhaps a particular option requires the space to be removed; e.g. cold weather or something...

My 2013 60 had it. Never used it for the adapter. My 70D delivered on 5/9/15, does not.

Interesting. Seems like it is going to be hit or miss on who has the recess in box right now unless the trend moves more towards no one having it after say mid-May deliveries. It is either that or perhaps a particular option requires the space to be removed; e.g. cold weather or something...

Well, it's not cold weather -- I've got that. (I don't have premium audio, which I guess might signify). I took delivery in March.

My 85D built mid April, 2015, delivered May 6 (regular audio + cold weather) does not have the J1772 cubby in the glove box.

Based on the posts so far, the only correlation is with date, with cars built before early 2015 having the cubby independent of dual motor, audio package, and cold weather package. No one has reported on whether a recent S85 (built April, 2015 or later) does or does not have the cubby.

It sure sounds like it is a change affecting all models, although it may have been phased in a little earlier for dual motor builds. Unclear what the technical reason for the change might be since early P85D's still had it, so can't blame it on dual motor (unless it is to reduce noise from the front motor).