Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Launch Event at USFSP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Wednesday from 1:30-3:30 PM Duke Energy and USFSP will be hosting a launch event for the newly installed 100 kW solar system on the roof of their parking garage. Some Teslas better show for support since the system has a Tesla Powerpack at its heart! I'm disappointed they decided to put a Leaf on the poster and not a Tesla. WTF! Nissan didn't provide the battery pack.
IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_4844.JPG
IMG_4842.JPG
IMG_4841.JPG
IMG_4840.JPG

Wow, I didn't know that the Tesla Business/Utility Powerpack had already launched! So the new solar and Tesla Powerpack install is in St. Petersburg, FL correct? I am not in that area so won't be able to make the May 20th event, but I would definitely like to check it out on my next trip to the area. Can you post the address for those who can go to the Wednesday launch event?

Wow, I didn't know that the Tesla Business/Utility Powerpack had already launched! So the new solar and Tesla Powerpack install is in St. Petersburg, FL correct? I am not in that area so won't be able to make the May 20th event, but I would definitely like to check it out on my next trip to the area. Can you post the address for those who can go to the Wednesday launch event?

I haven't found any indication that the event would be held anywhere but at the parking garage. The address to the parking garage is 250 5th Ave. S. St. Petersburg Fl. 33701

Btrflyl8te, LoL Rick and I are in for tomorrow. A little changing of our schedules and we're good to go. An engineer from Tesla Energy will be giving a presentation on the battery system. Teslas represent!

Hi Darren,

Thanks for scouting this out. I plan to attend and look forward to seeing you and our fellow club members.

By the way, the owner of the company, Regions Solar, that installed the photovoltaic array is a member of our club.

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't found any indication that the event would be held anywhere but at the parking garage. The address to the parking garage is 250 5th Ave. S. St. Petersburg Fl. 33701

I have confirmed that that is correct.

Larry

I jumped the gun and charged there yesterday the day before the ceremony with a CHADEMO charger borrowed from Chad from Tesla Energy who was putting on the finishing touches (a very nice guy. We had a great, really informative conversation). Nice location for me, as it's 5 blocks from work.

Needless to say, I ordered the CHADEMO adapter that I previously had passed on, when my spot came up on the waiting list.

I came by today at 3:30, but it was roped off and looked like they were just cleaning up.

BTW, anyone know of any other CHADEMO chargers in Florida?

Larry,

Thanks is for the great photos. The future of renewable energy is coming faster than ever. Sorry I missed the event.

is there a link for info about the installation?

Roland

Hi Roland,

Thanks. This event came up without much notice and it wasn't even listed on the USFSP website.

There's a little burb. http://www.usfsp.edu/sustainability/climate/

I'll see if I can find some more information.

Larry

The top number in all three screens show current. The top screen shows I believe the output from the battery system. The middle shows how much energy is being put back into the grid. The bottom shows current electricity being produced from solar array.
DSC_0008.jpg
Four 20kW inverters for the 80kW array.
DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg