Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must have accessories?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
o Window tint. It makes the car look so much better and makes reduces heat gain to very low levels.
o Frunk storage box from Tesla (if you are getting a non-D). I love mine. I put in all sorts of seldom needed items like first aid kit, glow sticks (I end up giving them to kids at parties and replacing them but handy), a cheap tool kit for relative's honey-dos and bike repair, even a survival kit with knife, matches, water. I even through an MRE in there and that still leaves HALF of the space in that box.

1. USB flash drive for music. I got the Sandisk Cruzer (USB 3.0) from Amazon. It is very low profile and looks pretty good. I don't think the car supports USB 3.0, but it helps when copying files from your PC. http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Low-Profile-Flash-SDCZ43-064G-G46/dp/B00LLEODCK

2. Charging adapters: You may want to get the Tesla NEMA 10-30 plug adapter to use if you need to plug into an older-style dryer outlet. Unfortunately Tesla has apparently discontinued the NEMA 14-30 adapter that is used for newer dryer outlets. You can also make your own as shown here:http://cosmacelf.net/Home Made Adapters.pdf

Get an account with ChargePoint, Blink, eVgo, SemaCharge, Greenlots. Just in case you end up having to use a public charger.

I would definitely get the CHAdeMo adapter. L2 charging isn't really making any dent unless you park your car for several hours.

A tire repair kit is really important. I had several flats with all my cars. After trying different ones, this one works the best for me Amazon.com: Dynaplug 1007 Tubeless Tire Repair Kit: Automotive
I also got a bottle of 'Slime' tire repair and a small 12Volt compressor. Of course you want to have a jack and a lug nut wrench.

Never needed dual chargers. There are very few L2 chargers that support more than 32 Amp. At a hotel you can charge all night, so there is the least need for a faster solution. Same with charging at home.

I would get a dash cam. You will hopefully never need it, but in the case of an accident it can make a huge difference. People almost always "bend the truth" when they are in an accident. Even better, get one for the front and one for the rear.

o Window tint. It makes the car look so much better and makes reduces heat gain to very low levels.
o Frunk storage box from Tesla (if you are getting a non-D). I love mine. I put in all sorts of seldom needed items like first aid kit, glow sticks (I end up giving them to kids at parties and replacing them but handy), a cheap tool kit for relative's honey-dos and bike repair, even a survival kit with knife, matches, water. I even through an MRE in there and that still leaves HALF of the space in that box.

I agree with the "looks so much better" factor of tint, but I've been wondering about getting it on my Tesla. Living in upstate NY with the winters we have, the sun could actually make a difference to heat the car. If it is sunny and cold out, I'll park my leaf on the top of the parking garage, it warms up nicely for the ride home, unless it is sub zero out and it's just too da*n cold out to make any difference!

If you are a dude, front center console; Just trust me. The naysayers on here only say don't get it because they don't know how useful it is. And if you are a chick, you'll throw your purse there.
I'm a dude and the "bowling alley" is a perfect place to hold your take out food, laptop, and papers/files :biggrin:. And it's a great place for a purse which will surely impress the lady passengers.

The all-weather floor mats from Tesla have held up well and do a good job of keeping the carpet clean.

I got the Abstract Ocean key fob cover and I get a lot of comments/compliments from valets and my local service center. Goes good with the QD-loops to attach to a key ring.
Silicone FobPockets - The Black Collection - Abstract Ocean
Distressed Black Leather P85D FobPocket for Tesla Model S - Abstract Ocean
Amazon.com : OP/TECH USA Mini QD Loops - 1.5mm : Camera And Optics Carrying Straps : Camera Photo

Also, the USB ports on Model S aren't all that powerful to charge devices quickly, so I have a 4 port USB charger. Works great, it has a firm plug and doesn't fall out of the jack like some other ones I had:
Amazon.com: Anker® 9.6A / 48W 4-Port USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black): Cell Phones Accessories
I use it to power my relatively inexpensive dashcam:
Amazon.com : Black Box G1W-H Hidden Dashboard Dash Cam - WDR 160° Wide Angle 4X ZOOM - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7 LCD Car DVR Video Recorder - Night Vision Motion Detection G-Sensor - NT96650 + AR0330 : Car Electronics

And here's a DIY install guide for the dash cam:
DIY Tesla Dash Cam Installation - TESLARATI.com

Last edited:
A tire repair kit is really important. I had several flats with all my cars. After trying different ones, this one works the best for me Amazon.com: Dynaplug 1007 Tubeless Tire Repair Kit: Automotive
I also got a bottle of 'Slime' tire repair and a small 12Volt compressor. Of course you want to have a jack and a lug nut wrench.
The Tesla compressor/tire repair kit is a must-have accessory, assuming your car didn't already come with it in one of the states where that's required. Thankfully I've never needed to use tire repair slime, but I do use the compressor at least once a month to maintain proper tire pressure. (I have a separate tire pressure gauge which I picked up from Amazon to check the pressure first, then break out the compressor if it's low.)

Not sure you need a jack and lug wrench unless you're carrying a spare tire. My AAA card and phone will both fit in my pocket, and weigh a lot less.