Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vehicle to Gird Power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm interested in using my model S to supply a small amount of power for my cabin. I know that Tesla does not condone this, however I think it would still be beneficial for me. Does anyone know what I need to modify in order to allow power to leave the car?

@spc - clearly the car can power multiple bright LEDs (DRLs, Fogs, rear lights) including two XENON bulbs for days off of the 12V supply, so the OP could do more than 'several small 12v LEDs'

But, I'm suspecting, the OP wants to pull from the high voltage pack. It all comes down to what he means by "small amount of power." A 12V to 120VAC inverter might be sufficient. But I don't know what he's looking for.

When camping, I'll run a small 12V RV refrigerator (Dometic brand). Plus, I found a nifty device for heating food that only draws 12A @ 12V: A RoadPro portable stove: Amazon.com : RoadPro 12-Volt Portable Stove, Black : Camping Stoves : Sports Outdoors It really can heat things to 300F.