Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New TMC member and S85 owner curious about TMC Connect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am a new (and happy) owner of 7+ months. I am curious about the upcoming TMC connect, especially the Saturday conference and party. From what I have read is looks like its just an opportunity for people to stand around and talk about their cars. Seven months ago I would have thought that was crazy. Now it sounds like a great idea.

Can someone give me some idea of what else we do? I think I might also bring my college-age son (engineering major). What types of sessions and presentation are there? Do many Tesla engineers present attend, and what type of things do they talk about? Will there be tours?

We are local, so we will not be staying at the hotel.

Thanks for any info

P.Mac

Hello,

I am a new (and happy) owner of 7+ months. I am curious about the upcoming TMC connect, especially the Saturday conference and party. From what I have read is looks like its just an opportunity for people to stand around and talk about their cars. Seven months ago I would have thought that was crazy. Now it sounds like a great idea.

Can someone give me some idea of what else we do? I think I might also bring my college-age son (engineering major). What types of sessions and presentation are there? Do many Tesla engineers present attend, and what type of things do they talk about? Will there be tours?

Thanks for any info

P.Mac

There's also the #party@picniccreek at Bonnie's place in Sacramento (Loomis) on Sunday July 12. Beautiful place, and some of us that can't make all the TMC Connect functions get to spend a few hours among the oaks in the foothills. Lunch, pool, hiking, conversation, lots of beautiful Teslas, a few wackos flying our drones. I would PM Bonnie if you're interested.

Hello,

Thanks for any info

P.Mac

I've attended all three so far and I can assure you that this is not a typical car event. Given the knowledge and technical expertise of many owners the conversations tend to be quite informative and the sessions themselves often a marvelous learning experience. I've also made a number of new friends. And the people that Tesla arranges to speak often advance our knowledge of the technical aspects of the car. In short, I highly recommend you attend. I'm driving out from Maryland with a group of other Telsa owners -- it's that important to us that we'd drive 6,000 miles plus out and back to attend.

I've attended all three so far and I can assure you that this is not a typical car event. Given the knowledge and technical expertise of many owners the conversations tend to be quite informative and the sessions themselves often a marvelous learning experience. I've also made a number of new friends. And the people that Tesla arranges to speak often advance our knowledge of the technical aspects of the car. In short, I highly recommend you attend. I'm driving out from Maryland with a group of other Telsa owners -- it's that important to us that we'd drive 6,000 miles plus out and back to attend.

...and if you get to meet and talk to artsci/Rick and see what he has done with his S (and for many of us with his mods), you will find the meeting totally worth it...