Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Minor Frustration with Front Console Solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the silly little frustrations (for me) has been the poorly engineered iPhone charging plug in the new special order Model S Front Console. It is too close to the side wall and any iPhone with a case won't fit. I just got a work around with an extension from California Cable from Amazon. Currently discounted at $10.95. I use it to charge my iPhone 5s (also tried it with a friend's iPhone 6), in the car and it works great. Some Comments on website about limited music interactions, but no problems with bluetooth.

Amazon.com: California Cable Market TM Lightning 8 Pin Extension Cable Male to Female 3 Ft (1 m) Cable Cord for iPhone 5s 5c 5 iPod Touch iPad Mini: Cell Phones Accessories

I have the Apple leather case and it works fine as is on my 6Plus. But others who have tried to plug in with a case can't because they are too thick. It should be taller. The cable is a nice work around, but then the phone won't sit securely. Unfortunate design of the plug.

I have the Apple leather case and it works fine as is on my 6Plus. But others who have tried to plug in with a case can't because they are too thick. It should be taller. The cable is a nice work around, but then the phone won't sit securely. Unfortunate design of the plug.

I'm still waiting for the obeche matte center console.

My wife uses an iPhone 6, in a rigid Seidio case. I was hoping the following might allow her to dock the phone, in the case:

Amazon.com: iPhone 5S Accessories

Do those of you who already have the console think that would work? (If you're really interested, this is the case: Amazon.com: Seidio SURFACE for Apple iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones Accessories)

Thanks.

(Of course this question may be irrelevant, as by the time I clear the waiting list and get the obeche matte center console my wife may be using an iPhone 9.)

I have an iPhone 6. Had a 5 and got the Tesla leather cover. No i6 leather cover available from Tesla, so I cut one side of the Tesla cover. It fits okay, not ideal. But it plugs right into the cable and fits right into the phone slot in the Evannex console.