Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Tesla Model S85 (Black/Tan), 16K miles - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013 Tesla Model S85 (Black/Tan), 16K miles

Hi everyone,

We're selling our fully-loaded 2013 Tesla Model S85 (longest range battery) car. It has 15.5K miles on it, but will probably have 16K or so by the time the transaction closes. We're buying a new Tesla with four wheel drive since we go up North a lot. This is the two-wheel-drive model.

We are selling it BELOW the Kelly Blue Book private-party-sale price, or best offer. We are including (for free) the transfer of six more years of warrantee on the car, two of which are an "everything" warrantee.

Here are the specs (and original prices of the options):

Model S $69,900.00
Black Solid Paint -
All Glass Panoramic Roof $1,500.00
19" Wheels -
Tan Nappa Leather Interior $1,500.00
Lacewood D?cor -
85 kWh Battery $10,000.00
Tech Package $3,750.00
Active Air Suspension $1,500.00
Twin Chargers $1,500.00

The tech package includes full navigation, power rear lift, lighted handles that automatically extend when you walk up to the car. Its pretty unbelievable. The lacewood dash is a beautiful textured wood material that they don't offer anymore (I wish they did).

This car also comes with an EIGHT YEAR warrantee (price $3,900) AND a FOUR YEAR EXTENDED "EVERYTHING" warrantee, priced at $4,000 that we will transfer to you. All service is performed by Tesla themselves. So, basically. you are two years into an 8 year warrantee, so you've got nothing to worry about.

The car is in excellent condition. Some hard-to-see shadowing on the paint job in a couple of places on the hood from bird droppings is about all that is wrong with the car.

Here's the catch. Our new car is coming in Late May, so we'd ideally rather not sell it until then (although we would consider doing so for the right price).

The Kelly Blue Book value of this car value of this car WITHOUT the warrantee is $79,890. We are willing to INCLUDE transferring the warrantee to you at this price, which I think is a pretty awesome deal. If this car has a problem, they actually drive to your house in another Tesla, leave it for you as a loaner, and take yours away and fix it. Unbelievable service.

Let us know if you are interested by responding to this email.

List Date: 5/16/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2013 Tesla Model S85 (Black/Tan), 16K miles
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

f81b2aca-0dda-492f-be04-7257925e5686.jpg

Mobile friendly version: 2013 Tesla Model S85 (Black/Tan), 16K miles

Go Mobile: Download the free Panjo iOS app now!

And your point is, lordh?

That car is in Chicago. It has less miles on it. This car is in Cambridge, MA, 979 miles away.

It seems like the new game is to pounce on every classified for-sale listing by showing how there is a CPO car available cheaper. Maybe the seller doesn't wanna sell it cheaper. Maybe they can find a buyer at their price. Is that so wrong? Would that be such a bad thing?

lordh's point is that his/her car is overpriced, by about 10k.

It's not a game. By linking other thread viewers to the fact that you can get a car with less mileage, direct from Tesla for 10k less, is just providing information to prospective buyers, as well as the seller.

I thank lordh for his post, because I believe this forum is for spreading knowledge and information. If you wanna sell a car overpriced, go to Cars/Autotrader or eBay.

And your point is, lordh?

That car is in Chicago. It has less miles on it. This car is in Cambridge, MA, 979 miles away.

It seems like the new game is to pounce on every classified for-sale listing by showing how there is a CPO car available cheaper. Maybe the seller doesn't wanna sell it cheaper. Maybe they can find a buyer at their price. Is that so wrong? Would that be such a bad thing?

Sorry. I guess I knew when I posted I should have provided more than just the link to the CPO vehicle. But as spentan commented that was my point to give the seller a benchmark on price. I did think of pm'ing rowetim. That would have been nicer on my part maybe. I was being lazy posting from my phone.

Price and license plate holder answer

To all you folks who are commenting on the original price, you were correct, I was not aware of the CPO system. After reviewing it, I did update the price. The original price was keyed off of Kelly Blue Book, which in the past has always been pretty accurate for me, but apparently Tesla decided to offer cars through CPO at a much lower value. Not quite sure why, but their prices of made a new (lower) market for Teslas.

May I ask how you front license plate is attached? Thanks for the info.

Tesla Massachusetts put the license plate on for us. There is a black plastic license plate mount that is molded to the car. Probably a Tesla part that they offer in states that require front license plates.

To all you folks who are commenting on the original price, you were correct, I was not aware of the CPO system. After reviewing it, I did update the price. The original price was keyed off of Kelly Blue Book, which in the past has always been pretty accurate for me, but apparently Tesla decided to offer cars through CPO at a much lower value. Not quite sure why, but their prices of made a new (lower) market for Teslas.
Since you've adjusted the price (I think this is priced right with the service plan included), I'll throw out that KBB, while normally accurate, is completely whacked on Tesla pricing. They have always been ~10k too high. I don't know where they are getting there numbers, but it's clearly not based on real sales.

Tesla decided to offer cars through CPO at a much lower value. Not quite sure why, but their prices of made a new (lower) market for Teslas.
Like for everything demand and supply, about a month ago CPO started with 170 inventory cars and now about 200, so their prices are about right or maybe a bit too high. IMO is good thing that prices are going down relatively fast as this create new market for people that previously thought that they can't afford luxury car, or do not want to pay new car price.