Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black with Silver Color Roof. Opinion??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of painting or wrapping (with vinyl wrapping) the roof of my black one, since I don't have the sunroof and I think it looks kinda boring.
I photoshopped a picture.
What do you guy think??

Tesla-Model_S_2013_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg

Light colours with a dark roof look good, the reverse looks rather odd. ... you might get away with it if you extended it down the pillars too, but I'm not sure about that.
If you're just looking for a way to make it stand out more, it might look OK if you consider wrapping the rocker panels rather than the roof. .. (Bottom foot or so of the car)

LOL.
Thanks guys. Yeah, that's what I thought. But then again, you never know until you actually see it in person, right?
For all we know, I just found out a scheme that no one thought of and it's the most awesome scheme. Kinda like the BMW with the M3 scheme of pearl white with the black top.

But I agree. Light colors with the black top is kind of a given. The opposite, not so much.

:)

Silver racing stripes would be better. If you insist on doing the roof in silver then do a triangle of silver on the hood and possibly the trunk too. That would connect the silver on the roof to the rest of the car. Otherwise the silver on the roof just has an "out of place" feel to it.

Yeah, I get what you're saying.
Though, I'm not exactly what you mean by "triangle"...
Like, an isosceles, or an acute, or an obtuse?? And how?

I think my idea would work if the roof wasn't so wide.

But I think racing stripes is a bit too much. I think it crosses over the realm of tacky, for a car like this.
know what I mean??

My immediate reaction was to reach for my can opener. Kinda looks like the lid of a can of sardines, don't you think? :eek:

Not out my style, but hey, who said I had style to begin with?

- - - Updated - - -

^^^ "not my style". Courtesy of autocorrect.