Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed my order!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jet black, Sport, standard leather black with grey traditional and black wheels. Delivery scheduled for late February. I'm massively stoked. I read this forum front to back before making my decision. Thanks everybody!

I'll take some pictures of my (your) car and post them here. We have the exact same taste. ;-)
The pictures will help you pass the time.

Hope you have someone to wash it for you. I tried washing it myself... because it is black and I wanted it done right... but the shape of the vehicle makes a spotless wash quite a challenge... not impossible but challenging. Good thing it is so small!

Jet black, Sport, standard leather black with grey traditional and black wheels. Delivery scheduled for late February. I'm massively stoked. I read this forum front to back before making my decision. Thanks everybody!

Congratulations!

The best way to thank the community for helping you make the decision to buy is to name another owner as a referral as early as possible in your communications with Tesla. The referral owner will get a free HPC when you take delivery. Within our local owner community, we have been donating those free HPCs to create charging locations that help us extend the useful range of the Roadster.

It's good for you, it's good for the community, and it's good for Tesla.

Congratulations!

The best way to thank the community for helping you make the decision to buy is to name another owner as a referral as early as possible in your communications with Tesla. The referral owner will get a free HPC when you take delivery. Within our local owner community, we have been donating those free HPCs to create charging locations that help us extend the useful range of the Roadster.

Great Idea!

How soon do you have to mention this to your salesman? Is it too late after purchase?

Congrats Zack!

qwk is right, but I'm finding the last 2 weeks to be the worst! :frown:

Pshaw. The absolute worst is having the Tesla in your garage with no license plates! In my case, someone mistyped one letter of the postal code, and it took me three days to pry them from the courier, who shall remain unnamed Purolator.

Congratulations!

Really? That's great news. I asked about the referral the day I placed the order but never heard anything back. I thought it was still the $500. I'll ask again. Thanks.

Last edited:
I will, but they already know. I test-drove a local owner's car, and Tesla introduced us. They know who he is. It was a blast.

That sounds promising, but Tesla isn't always as diligent at following up on the free HPC as you might want, paperwork and all. A gentle reminder, or a series of periodic gentle reminders, may be required from the recipient owner. It turned out that Ted Merendino was the one in charge of making it happen for the one I got recently but he hadn't heard anything about until I asked and he tracked it down. I don't know if he handles that for all Tesla owners or just a subset.

thanks,

I did a custom...don't know the VIN yet so a bit of a wait.

I have just been lurking. Things are still confusing for me as I am still learning the lingo.

Just reading...

so no one that has helped...but more than happy if you guys have a forum member that I can put on the form as a referral.

also...any suggestions on things to read etc...point me there!
Still trying to make heads or tails on the charging connectors etc.

thanks,

also...any suggestions on things to read etc...point me there!
Still trying to make heads or tails on the charging connectors etc.

Assuming that you are not itching for a road trip soon and your daily drive is easily within the Tesla's range, don't overload on the subject of connectors for now. Many people survive on the 120 v connector, but generally most people want either the home (wall) connector or the universal connector with the standard 14-50 adapter, or both. Just have installed or install the wall connector and/or a 14-50 socket for the universal connector to use. Note that the universal connector checks for the presence of ground. (Many other devices use the neutral plug as the ground, but it will not work with the universal connector.)

You have plenty of time to learn about other connectors, unless you have access to free charges with another system or you plan a road trip.

Note that Tesla representatives reported making it all of the way from Dallas to Houston on one charge.