Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Baker City, OR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this great news! This is such an important route for those of us up north and west.

Yeah, now if they can just complete a couple more on I84 the whole southwest opens up to us.

Need an SC in Bend, OR.

Lots of destination options in Bend.
bend ev.png

- - - Updated - - -

Need an SC in Bend, OR.

I'm not sure I see the point of one in Bend. How are you picturing using it? I kind of agree with PhilBa, that as a destination, Bend has plenty of options. So what would be the route that Bend is in the middle of? It's very close to some Superchargers to the West. I think John Day or Burns would be good for Supercharger locations to the East.

I'm not sure I see the point of one in Bend. How are you picturing using it? I kind of agree with PhilBa, that as a destination, Bend has plenty of options. So what would be the route that Bend is in the middle of? It's very close to some Superchargers to the West. I think John Day or Burns would be good for Supercharger locations to the East.

OTOH, if you look at the 2015 map on the Tesla Motors Supercharger Page, it sure looks like Bend is there...

The shortest route from Bend to Baker City is on highway 26, 230 miles. John Day would be nice to have in the middle.

Survey stakes located

I stopped at the Sunridge Inn Friday afternoon enroute to Boise and found survey stakes in the grass near a tall Best Western sign between the hotel and the Chamber of Commence display. I confirmed the location with hotel staff. There are looking forward to a quick build out. Someone said the city was being very cooperative, but all final permits had not been issued.

My hopeful guess is that I will be able to charge enroute to Boise over the July 4[SUP]th[/SUP] weekend.

Just steps away from the stakes in the grass, there is an interesting display about Baker City as an important stop on the original Oregon Trail noting its central location as a stage stop and a train stop, before I-84 connected the Pacific Northwest with Salt Lake City.

Survey stakes under sign.jpg
Survey stakes in grass.jpg
Oregon Trail.JPG
Stage stop.jpg

I stopped at the Sunridge Inn Friday afternoon enroute to Boise and found survey stakes in the grass near a tall Best Western sign between the hotel and the Chamber of Commence display. I confirmed the location with hotel staff. There are looking forward to a quick build out. Someone said the city was being very cooperative, but all final permits had not been issued.

Thanks for sharing - with this completed, my wife will be able to go into Boise for concerts and shopping with our Tesla - as long as she stays overnight to recharge for the trip back to Baker City.

Wait - what??? Do I really want this completed??!!

A Supercharger should be coming to Boise...when?

Exactly - When? I can't find that anyone's found out if it is even in permit status. I'd been hoping to take my Tesla to my sister's wedding in SLC in August, but without Boise and Twin Falls, which isn't even listed as "coming soon" yet, it won't work. But, I suppose I'll keep entertaining the last denizen of Pandora's box for a couple weeks more...

I'm trying to get to SLC for 4th of July.

Planning on using a Chademo charger in Boise, and then trying to straight shot to Tremonton SC.

Sounds better. You'll be going awfully slow through Idaho -- Isn't that an 80 mph speed limit?

Personally, I'd rather drive 1472 miles via The Dalles and looping back through Nevada in the Tesla than drive the 524 miles down I-84 in an ICE.

But then I'm retired and don't have a Tesla yet, so maybe the thrill isn't gone for me...

Plugshare shows Blue Lakes Inn in Twin Falls has a NEMA 14-50 as well as a Tesla HPWC that you can use for a nominal fee.

This week we're trying Tremonton to Bozeman via an overnight in Jackson WY then through Yellowstone as part of our Tucson -> Seattle route.

Sounds better. You'll be going awfully slow through Idaho -- Isn't that an 80 mph speed limit?

Personally, I'd rather drive 1472 miles via The Dalles and looping back through Nevada in the Tesla than drive the 524 miles down I-84 in an ICE.

But then I'm retired and don't have a Tesla yet, so maybe the thrill isn't gone for me...

I did the drive last year by going down I5, and up through Vegas. Superchargers the whole way, with one very slow trip from Vegas to Utah (no St. George supercharger back then). We were going 55 in an 80 for a 270ish mile trip. Good times. Was a fun way to start out the superchargers, but I will never do that drive again. It was painful. As someone else said, I could just stop for an hour or two near twin falls and be totally fine.

I might go through San Francisco one way to get a factory tour. Still kind of planning. It still adds quite a few additional miles on our brand new P85D. No extended warranty yet in Washington :(

But I totally agree, I can't drive an ICE again. Don't even own one anymore.