Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EW! Don't dump your trash beside the Supercharger!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DavidB

2010 Roadster Sport || 2013 S85 || 2017 X100D
Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
This morning I was forced to deal with a dirty diaper someone left right beside the Port St. Lucie Supercharger, Florida.

Seriously? Especially when there is a dumpster just past the row of chargers? Clean up after yourself!

Port St. Lucie Supercharger.jpg

Hopefully it was just a mistake. Being a parent of young kids does weird things to your brain, on top of dealing with sudden back-of-car diaper changes on an uncooperative kid. I've driven away with a dirty diaper on the roof of my car before (not the MS).

That right there in the picture is a pull-up diaper, the kid might have taken it off him/herself when mom/dad wasn't looking.

That right there in the picture is a pull-up diaper, the kid might have taken it off him/herself when mom/dad wasn't looking.
Perhaps this is what happened. The thought that the parent possibly didn't know makes me feel better about the situation.

Hopefully it was just a mistake. Being a parent of young kids does weird things to your brain, on top of dealing with sudden back-of-car diaper changes on an uncooperative kid. I've driven away with a dirty diaper on the roof of my car before (not the MS).
Also possible. Yes, I remember some silly blunders I made back when I had two children under 3.

Last edited:
this happened in england too, but worse. A few cups of coffee and a plastic bag with rubbish in, dumped next to a SC.

You could argue they need bins but really, if that were me i'd take it with me until the next stop!

The trunk of a Model S, especially when fitted with the optional rubber mat, is a fantastic place to change a baby. Looks like someone made the swap, set the diaper aside for later disposal, and forgot about it. No excuse, but easy to do with a crying kid.

Unfortunately there are no places to put trash at "my" supercharger (Lakepoint, Utah). But I'm not about to mess up the place so any trash in my S goes home with me.

Are there any Superchargers where there is a trash can? I'd be surprised. There is no maintenance at most locations. I guess there are people in the world who think trash cans magically empty themselves.

As a parent, while I go out of my way to make sure I don't leave diapers (and trash behind), I will say, it is easy, especially if child is disabled, to set a diaper down with full intention of trashing it, and forget. I've done that before, but went back and trashed it as soon as I remembered.
Change diaper, put kid in car seat, strap em down, instincts are to hop in and go.