Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Brian Chow (of CTV show "driving television") reviews P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He must have said "amazing" 50 times in this review. I agree with pretty much everything except that I don't think that the high end sound system is all that great.

He does highlight one of the other drawbacks - the stupid placement of the armrest and cup holders.

It is quite a special car. What's amazing for me is there are no comprises other than the expense upfront . Great performance, low maintenance, lots of room, amazing mileage, awesome technology and with the dual motors the grip is amazing. Oh and you never have to think about did I fill up the car before going to work? Because my garage is my charging station. The number of super chargers are only increasing . Fit and finish is impeccable. And it looks awesome unlike other electrics that border in eye wateringly ugly

I pretty much went through all the same revelations as the reporter when I first seriously started looking in to these 3 months ago. I've only had mine for a week and a half but I'm still in love. After ordering it I continued to find more great things about it that I didn't even know about.

My biggest surprise is even if you are a spirited driver and driving the highways at 30+ over the limit, you're still going to get ~300km from the car assuming a 90% base charge. Not sure why but I thought the efficiency hit would be worse with the EV vs ICE, but not the case.

Great review.

A child can be left in the car with the heater/air condition running if the law allows.

This is one car you can park @ a charging station with the heater/air conditioner running, take a nap @ the back cargo space and not fear of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Last edited:
Good review, but it's surprising he didn't say anything about superchargers. Whenever I talk to people about the car, the first things that always come up are range, charging time, and how you do long trips.

Don't forget "How does it handle the cold?" I get that one all the time.

Brian actually responded to my inquiry on YouTube about Superchargers and said that he just ran out of time with the review and couldn't squeeze them in more than he did. Considering his honesty with the rest of the review, I'm inclined to accept this.

Don't forget "How does it handle the cold?" I get that one all the time.

Brian actually responded to my inquiry on YouTube about Superchargers and said that he just ran out of time with the review and couldn't squeeze them in more than he did. Considering his honesty with the rest of the review, I'm inclined to accept this.
Yup, he said the same thing to my YouTube comment. And you're right about the winter questions!