Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Columbia River Gorge car show on July 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cascadian

Supporting Member
Nov 27, 2014
United States
Hi, all! For anyone who won't be going to TMC Connect, and happens to live anywhere near the Columbia River Gorge, Vancouver, WA and Portland, OR, why don't you join us at Gorge Days in North Bonneville on Saturday, July 11, 2015?

Whenever we've attended, we had a great time... the whole city gets behind the festivities, and what I've particularly enjoyed is the showcasing of the old classic cars. Hundreds! Well, since we got our Tesla, we thought how cool it would be to have it parked in the vicinity of all those beautiful automobiles of yesteryear, but heralding the future of transportation. I contacted the organizers to ask if they've considered adding an EV component to the car show, and here's what I heard back:

"...We welcome all types of cars to participate in the car show during Gorge Days – those using plain old gas and those running on electricity! So don’t hesitate to enter your Tesla if you would like. http://gorgedays.net/carshow-registration.html . Register in advance and win a free t-shirt! Share the news of our great show in North Bonneville with your friends. If we receive enough entries for EVs, we would consider an award for that specific category.

North Bonneville doesn’t currently have a charging station available for EV owners to use but in addition to the one you mention in Cascade Locks, the charging station on the waterfront in Stevenson is certainly an option.

Hope to see you at Gorge Days in North Bonneville this July. Thanks for your ideas!

Casey Roeder
Skamania County Chamber of Commerce
casey (at) skamania.org
509-427-8911

>>>

So, we just registered to be part of the car show (free t-shirt for early registration knocked $15 off the $20 cost :) and I hope there will be others with EVs here, not just Teslas, who will join us. This is a breathtakingly beautiful part of the Pacific Northwest, and amongst all the Gorge-ous scenery you could also check out attractions like Bonneville Dam, which generates so much of the electricity used in this part of the world.

Gorge Days actually starts on Friday, July 10, but the car show is just for six hours on Saturday, 9 to 3.

Again, Casey wrote: "If we receive enough entries for EVs, we would consider an award for that specific category."

Let's make it happen, please? :)

We'll probably be busy then but you might want to cross-post on pdx tesla. There's quite a few portland-area owners there and might be a few who are interested.

Just had a pretty good meetup at World of Speed last weekend with about 20 Teslas and a Roadster.

Woohoo!! Gorge Days is coming up later this week! Can hardly wait for Saturday and our 85D's participation in a car show. Should be a lot of fun! :)

I've just posted to the Car Show Poster thread, asking for help with coming up with a printer-ready file about the Model S to be displayed on a poster board in the frunk:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/13559-Car-Show-Poster-Draft/page23

There are some beautiful ones that folks there came up with, but they're from 2013 or so, and I'd love to have something that's a bit more current. :)

Regarding Gorge Days, they've extended the pre-registration deadline to July 7, this Tuesday, so if anyone is close to the Columbia River Gorge and wants to join us, you get a free t-shirt if you sign up by then.

Again, the link to the registration form:

http://gorgedays.net/carshow-registration.html

Hope to meet up with some other TMC folks there! :)