Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED Interior/Trunk lighting in P85+ - Standard or option?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was given a P85+ loaner and noticed that the interior lighting (dome lights, etc.) and trunk lighting was LED. Was this a standard feature or option for the P85+? Or did the SC upgrade the lighting? I don't have any first hand experience with any of the MS variants prior to the P85D so excuse my lack of knowledge. I was just surprised that the premium interior package on our D didn't even come with this. Looks a lot better.

All the interior lighting is LED. What you might be noticing is that the color temperature is different. Around the time of the release of the P85D, Tesla switched the LEDs to a warmer color temperature LED, but they are still LEDs nonetheless.

All the interior lighting is LED. What you might be noticing is that the color temperature is different. Around the time of the release of the P85D, Tesla switched the LEDs to a warmer color temperature LED, but they are still LEDs nonetheless.
Ah I see. What a bummer that they switched to the warmer cooler. I prefer the cooler look as I believe it gives it a more modern feel...