Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ann Arbor, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Joel

Mar 24, 2011
Michigan
Last edited by a moderator:
Ann Arbor Permit update: Changed to "Permit Ready to Issue"

And the Applicant is: BLACK & VEATCH 3550 GREEN COURT ANN ARBOR, MI 48105

https://is.bsasoftware.com/bsa.is/PermitServices/ServicePermitDetails.aspx?dp=L+-12-07-100-027&i=5&sna=ann+arbor-saline&pLinkKey=PB15-0064&pLinkType=Permit&pPropertyDTK=73ffe6e4-7759-40dc-9e2d-9fd50091d628&appid=2&unit=193

Again, it appears the location is:
3145 ANN ARBOR-SALINE RD
ANN ARBOR, MI 48108

Love it. I sat in that exact parking lot last September waiting for a friend to get home. Beats L2 charging in the municipal garages.

I drove through the Saline Meijer parking lot yesterday and there is major construction going on at the west side of that parking lot. Google Earth shows grass but there are several new small stores already built with more on the way. The only thing currently looking like Tesla Supercharger equipment was the grey conduit piled up but not buried yet. I'll swing through Friday morning and take some pictures. I may also be around the 28th street Meijer Friday afternoon to look around. Exciting!

I drove through the Saline Meijer parking lot yesterday and there is major construction going on at the west side of that parking lot. Google Earth shows grass but there are several new small stores already built with more on the way. The only thing currently looking like Tesla Supercharger equipment was the grey conduit piled up but not buried yet. I'll swing through Friday morning and take some pictures. I may also be around the 28th street Meijer Friday afternoon to look around. Exciting!

Have you stopped by the Ann Arbor Meijer recently? I will be in Ann Arbor this weekend, I'll report the status.

I drove around the Meijer parking lot today and besides the construction around the new buildings couldn't see any signs of activity, and nothing obviously Supercharger related. Google Maps recently updated their aerial imagery and shows the site in essentially the state it's in now. It wouldn't surprise me if the same crew is doing Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor and we won't see anything here until Grand Rapids is complete.

I drove around the Meijer parking lot today and besides the construction around the new buildings couldn't see any signs of activity, and nothing obviously Supercharger related. Google Maps recently updated their aerial imagery and shows the site in essentially the state it's in now. It wouldn't surprise me if the same crew is doing Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor and we won't see anything here until Grand Rapids is complete.

Thanks for the update. That would make sense (same crew going from GR to AA and then Cadillac).

This is where I would locate the Supercharger.
image.jpg

I stopped by today -- it was well after 5:00, and the installers were still hard at work. It looks like more conduit is being installed to head toward the eventual location of the chargers, and some initial work had been done on leveling the ground where the chargers would likely end up. I didn't take pictures because I didn't want to disturb the workers.

The location seems good to me -- it's located in what will be the northeast corner of the Meijer lot proper, as opposed to where the parking for the outparcels will be located. Close, but not too close, to the outparcels currently under development, an easy walk to the gas station for access to late-night junk food, but not super-convenient to the main entrance of the store.

The location seems good to me -- it's located in what will be the northeast corner of the Meijer lot proper, as opposed to where the parking for the outparcels will be located. Close, but not too close, to the outparcels currently under development, an easy walk to the gas station for access to late-night junk food, but not super-convenient to the main entrance of the store.
That should be perfect in order to help prevent ICEing. This side of the lot is also closer to the existing restaurants so there should be plenty to do within a short walking distance.

Ann Arbor Supercharger update. Conduit is set and getting buried today. I left him my business card and said when he is set to power it up and he needs a Tesla to test it, give me a call. He doesn't know of any other locations selected for installation in Michigan yet. Hitting this one when returning from Lansing will eliminate about $700 in electrical use at my house. Free power is always nice.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I stopped by the site today. To my untrained eye, it looks like the conduit for the stalls, chargers, and transformer has been laid and buried. It looks like the next step will be pouring the pads. I still see some conduit lying around -- I'm not sure what that's for. It looks like there will be 8 stalls, total.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 389