Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a reservation holder for a Model X. This note is for current model S owners to respond to. I have talked with the local Tesla showroom/service center in Cleveland and wanted to see if what I understood is what owners have experienced.

I asked about storage of winter tires and wheels - answer: The will store for $60 annually. I did not get the price for changeover from winter to summer.

The following answers were applicable whether you got the service contract or did not.

I asked about tire rotation - answer: Tesla does that with no charge

I asked about car washes - answer: Tesla does that with no charge

Any other experiences you would like to share relative to service?

Ron
Future X owner

I didn't know that they would store tires and wheels. That's interesting. The accessory order page for the winter tire package even speaks to their inability to store the purchased package: "Note: Due to storage space limitations, Tesla Motors Service Centers will not be able to store wheel and tire set online orders. The wheel and tire sets should be picked up from your local Service Center if an installation appointment is not scheduled shortly after the order is placed. Thank you for your understanding."

They should update their order page to explain that they will store your unused tire/wheel set for $60 annually. I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to know that.

The service center in Cleveland is currently storing my winter wheel and tire set-up, at that $60 per year cost, as you've described. We've found the Cleveland service center to be stellar, all around. They're a great group to work with! They always offer to pick up/drop off our cars for us (even though we never take them up on it - we live close enough that it's not necessary), and the cars are always spotless when we pick them up.

Any comments - true or not - on the below?

Ron

The following answers were applicable whether you got the service contract or did not.

I am a reservation holder for a Model X. This note is for current model S owners to respond to. I have talked with the local Tesla showroom/service center in Cleveland and wanted to see if what I understood is what owners have experienced.

I asked about storage of winter tires and wheels - answer: The will store for $60 annually. I did not get the price for changeover from winter to summer.

Any other experiences you would like to share relative to service?

Ron
Future X owner

IIRC:
The first tire rotation is complimentary.
If you pay for periodic service (one-off or service plan), tire rotation is included with service.

Less sure of this:
Service centers will swap your winter/summer tire sets if you purchased the extra set from Tesla.

The Watertown SC has had "tire swap cookout" events. I attended one to meet a few other owners and have a bite to eat, but didn't have a winter set at the time.

Living in SoCal where tire swap is not needed, I find this absolutely amazing service for those that need it. I've never heard of any other auto manufacturer doing this. Is tesla alone with this service?

It's dealership dependent. My local Porsche and Audi dealers store my winter tired and wheels. My Audi store doesn't even charge for the service and stores my Q7 and R8 winter wheels/tires and stores the summer wheels during the winter.

We've found the Cleveland service center to be stellar, all around. They're a great group to work with! They always offer to pick up/drop off our cars for us (even though we never take them up on it - we live close enough that it's not necessary), and the cars are always spotless when we pick them up.

Ditto on this, they are fantastic. I am heading over next week to get my summer tires replaced, and get an alignment after hitting a rim-denting pothole in late March. They would have sent a Ranger with a loaner to my house, but I wanted to visit Cleveland to see the new colors on some P70Ds.

How about those in states with front license plates. Did the dealer prep the car and mount the plate for no cost?
They give you all the hardware required to do a front mount and they will install it for free if you want it. I don't think Tesla enforces it to be installed when required by state law, at least here in WA it is the law but they did give me the option of if I wanted to have it installed or not.

I declined :)