Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Liger in My Frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Us old folks remember the old oil company tag line that went "Put a tiger in your tank". Well, I've no tiger in my tank but yesterday I did have a liger by my frunk. :)

Actually the original plan was to have her in the frunk but she's grown so big since last I saw her I didn't think she could get in there without something getting scratched.

A liger, BTW, is the cross between and lion and a tiger.

liger.JPG

How cute! I didn't realize lions and tigers were being bred in this way. Where is this?

They are not bred intentionally. This one was an "accident".

The parents have been together since they were cubs but never produced any offspring until this one. Daddy is now scheduled to be fixed.

The place is located in the high desert west of Wendover, Nevada. It's not open to the public yet. Still a lot of work to be done.

Donations will help them open sooner. :)

http://www.pilotpeakzoo.org

Wow that's awesome. I'll admit - I'd probably leave a stain in my underwear if I saw that thing up close :)

and a darkened crotch area. I still cringe when I see the vid of that lion (or tiger?) running up to a man and jumping on him to hug him. I don't care how well I know the thing, I'm turning tail.

*edit* here it is, at about 17 seconds:

Last edited by a moderator:
Please treat the animal humanely. It is a wild gorgeous animal that deserves our kindness, respect and admiration.

Attempting to put an animal of that size in a closed, dark small area like frunk is torture.

I'm not sure why you'd think the intent was ever to close it in the frunk. I'm certain based on wording and context that the OP was talking about a photo op, which was wisely dropped after seeing how big the lil guy had gotten.

Last edited:
So, so sad. A chained tiger and then jokes that follow with only mkjayakumar (thank you) pointing out the obvious. Tigers are not, and never can be, domesticated. None of them deserve the fate of this one even if you are only joking about putting him in the frunk. What a shame and what a cruel species we humans are.

Did you follow the link? To the tax-deductable wildlife refuge? Why do you think this one has a particularly cruel fate awaiting? While there's plenty of cruelty out there, and I agree with the domestication comments (most wildlife in private hands doesn't go so well for the wildlife or the person, long term. At times I think the same could be said of domesticated too though)… isn't it possible there's a bit of a stretch here in attributing all that to what was actually said here and linked?

I'm not going to jump to a conclusion about a fate here or how shameful or cruel this instance is, and it seems to me to be pretty limited thinking to make those conclusions on this thread. Now if there's facts to be had on this particular case, awesome - have at it. Haven't seen any besides what the OP has posted, which do not lead me to the same conclusions.

Meanwhile, beautiful animal, and cool picture. I'm glad it was shared, and I certainly hope that the animal and it's brethren at the new facility are happy, well-taken care and generally living safe but enriched lives.

—- edit —-
I would note that there are some really sketchy private "refuges" and "sanctuaries" out there. There was one near where I grew up. It was frankly pretty tragic, and matches what I said about things not going well for the animals (who have no say in the matter) or the people (who made their own decisions and should be responsible for them). I'd never promote such a place without having direct experience knowing it's background. On the other hand, while being sensibly cautious, I would never condemn one out of hand and call someone that may be trying hard to do good cruel, say it's a shame, or call it torture.

Last edited:
Please treat the animal humanely. It is a wild gorgeous animal that deserves our kindness, respect and admiration.

Attempting to put an animal of that size in a closed, dark small area like frunk is torture.

No worries. As a long time vegan and member of several animal welfare groups there's no way I would do anything that would hurt Grace or any other animal. The original plan I referred to was to have her hop in the frunk, much as she routinely hops into other vehicles, and get pictures of her with the frunk fully open. But thanks for checking.

What a great thread title. Makes me feel like I am time travelling into a future

2 out of 4 words are new words, signalling a new world, in which ligers and frunks roam around, hopefully independently, and hopefully they multiply

How interesting