Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who & When will we get Model S VIN 100,000 !

When will we see Model S VIN 100,000

• Q2 2015

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Q3 2015

Votes: 74 66.7%
  • Q4 2015

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Q1 2016

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • It is built already !

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not clear that anybody's getting 100000. According to Tesla the next VIN after P99999 will be PA0000. However according to the NHTSA the final 5 digits of passenger car VINs must be numeric, so Tesla's proposal might not be permitted.

Either way I'm having it for my P85D :)

It's not clear that anybody's getting 100000. According to Tesla the next VIN after P99999 will be PA0000. However according to the NHTSA the final 5 digits of passenger car VINs must be numeric, so Tesla's proposal might not be permitted.

Either way I'm having it for my P85D :)

Tesla already dropped the build phase code. New vehicles have a zero instead of the P before the sequence number. Most of the 85D orders had their VINs regenerated to change to this format (which means they discarded a bunch of VINs). I don't believe 70D vehicles were ever made with the build phase code. Yet Tesla's NHTSA filing still hasn't been updated. I keep looking because we have reason to believe they're planning to make other changes to the coding for the battery and drive type (AWD/RWD) to allow them to distinguish between 85D and P85D vehicles (which currently you can't tell from the VIN).

They've already started doing that. The 7th and 8th characters are "H2" for 85D and "H4" for P85D.

Yes my statement is based on the VINs assigned to Australia orders. However, none of those vehicles are shipping yet (AWD vehicles are delayed till this fall for RHD countries) and vehicles continue to be delivered without this distinction in other territories.