Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging location address tweak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bmah

Moderator, Supercharger Hunter
Global Moderator
Mar 17, 2015
Lafayette, CA, USA
Relatively new S85D owner here...simply blown away by what a great car this is (and I do not consider myself a "car person").

I have this itty-bitty problem and I admit to being highly OCD about it. Part of the car's remembering where it has charged is that it tries (for example on the Nav screen) to compute an address for each location. My problem is that at my house, it doesn't compute the correct address...it's two numbers off at a house number that doesn't exist. Clearly this doesn't affect the ability of the car to charge (remembering the charge settings, etc.), and it really is a cosmetic problem. I wanted to see if it was possible to edit the computed address so it's actually correct but I can't find any way in the UI to do this, and my Google-fu isn't good enough to find an answer either. Anyone seen this problem, or know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for a clue...

Bruce.

Consider it a security feature and not a flaw. Is someone, somehow gets ahold of your car, they won't know which address is yours. So if they were planning to help themself to the goodies in your house while you are not there, it would at least slow them down a little.

Seriously though, I have the same problem. It is annoying but not serious. I haven't seen a fix for it either.

I believe this would work. I have a charge location show up as Starbucks on my map as i used the navigation to navigate to a starbucks location and parked at a public charger a block away. this public charger still got the starbucks name.

I gave the "delete the charging location in the Nav locations, navigate to the right address, and then charge" idea a shot. It didn't work. Not only did the car still show the same (wrong) address, it still remembered the charging settings I had for the location. So there was still some knowledge of this charging location in the system. Is there another place other than the Nav locations (visited charging locations or some similarly-named tab that I don't remember) where knowledge of a charging location might be stored?

Thanks,

Bruce.