Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heavy rain = weird behavor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys.

After very heavy rain the car was back doing weird stuff, just like it did some months ago during heavy snow.
The car drives normal, but when I turn it off weird stuff happens. I cannot lock my car with the keyfob (angry beeping) locking from inside works ok.
Sometimes a relay/contactor in front of the car keeps turning on/off with a second interval, sometimes the high voltage contactor in the back kicks in. Middle console stays lid. Letting the car sit dry in heated garage removes the problem after a while. At one point the car would still be fully on without the key in lock (drivable but without dash and brake assistance).
I had the car at Tesla for 2 weeks for this issue earlier, but apparantly they did not fix it.

Drove by Tesla service center while this was going on today, and they basicly told me to do what I have been doing (park it in a garage), and I am scheduled for a yearly service in a weeks time, and they will then look for water...

But has anyone else had similar problems, I read on another thread some brake assist problems due to water, so I guess water it's not a uncommon problem for the Roadster?

Kind of scary with electronics, we've all seen weird things happen when electronics get wet or corroded. Who's to say the car wouldn't spin the wheels while parked and left unattended =(. Or autopilot starts acting funky and sends the car somewhere where it shouldn't be....