Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Extra air dam?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Anybody played with the idea of adding more front air dam, for improved aerodynamic efficiency / fuel economy?

You'll notice front wheel arch dams, I was thinking of extending a dam at that position all the way across underbelly. Straight across.

On low air suspension setting, having it clear the road by a couple inches, or one. Yes it will hit sometimes. But double sprung so it could bend back or forward (when reversing) if it contacts the road. In neutral position hanging nearly straight down. Replaceable cheap rub edge of some hard rubber-plastic. Adjustable / serviceable so it can be tacked up and held with a couple pins, if encountering really bumpy roads, snow.

Anybody played with the idea of adding more front air dam, for improved aerodynamic efficiency / fuel economy?

You'll notice front wheel arch dams, I was thinking of extending a dam at that position all the way across underbelly. Straight across.

On low air suspension setting, having it clear the road by a couple inches, or one. Yes it will hit sometimes. But double sprung so it could bend back or forward (when reversing) if it contacts the road. In neutral position hanging nearly straight down. Replaceable cheap rub edge of some hard rubber-plastic. Adjustable / serviceable so it can be tacked up and held with a couple pins, if encountering really bumpy roads, snow.

I would think you would be doing the exact opposite, and adding air resistance.
The bottom of the car is flat.