Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Australian tragic parody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Auzie

Tree Hugger Member
Jul 29, 2013
Sydney
This has been mentioned in catch all thread, but there are some nuggets of wisdom that deserve exposure.

Intro.JPG
Chairman.JPG

Here is what our distinguished advisor to Australian PM had to say

Parody.JPG

Few more nuggets

1.JPG

2.JPG

Awayfromcoal.JPG

Coal.JPG

Joke.JPG

GoodFun.JPG

Such fine distinguished leadership leaves little doubt in my mind about the state of Australia and perhaps the world. There is some extra comfort in seeing so many distinguished leaders in business with similar positions and views, working so hard to lead us all into a bright sunny future, powered by coal

Attachments

• Credentials.JPG
    Credentials.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
More shenanigans downunder

NSW government plans to offer to the private sector 99-year leases of transmission company Transgrid and ~50% each of distributors Endeavour Energy and Ausgrid.

UBS is one of the two advisers to the government on the transaction and stands to make millions in fees if it proceeds.

UBS issued the report on the transaction on March 17. There were references in the report on the negative impact on the state budget, due to a loss of dividends.

Some conspiracy theorists claim that premier's senior staff leaned on the bank, asking for favorable changes in the report. Bank complied with the request and reissued the report with downplayed impact on the state budget.

At a parliamentary inquiry into the lease of the state's energy infrastructure, our leader denies any shenanigans. Our fine leader says it all with his convincing body language.

UBS bank also denies wrongdoing.

UBS.JPG

These denials are so comforting. Now I can just dismiss these silly conspiracy theories. I am pleased to go back to my full trust in my efficient government that knows how to get stuff done. I am even more pleased that my faith in the bank that is there to serve the public with their independent research is fully restored.

Last edited:
Bureau of Meteorology rejects Maurice Newman's claims

Australian Prime Minister's Business Advisor Maurice Newman claims that 'the climate change is a hoax and conspiracy by UN in order to promote new world order' in his piece published in The Australian, see posts above for selected nuggets.
MN.jpg
MN.

The Head of Bureau of Meteorology was called into Senate hearing to answer, point by point, all claims made by Newman.

Dr. Vertessy rejected all claims read to him by Senator Waters.

What I can say is the primary cause of global warming is the emission of CO2 and the primary reason CO2 emissions are increasing is from the burning of fossil fuels," Dr Vertessy said. "Coal is a fossil fuel.

Dr.Vertessy went out of his way with that statement to explain to uneducated that yes coal is a fossil fuel.

I wonder if they all kept straight faces.

Claims made by Newman may be funny, but I also find it terrifying that a person like MN is in a position of political power. I wonder how he got there and what are people around him like, including his boss that hired him.

Wow, we get New World Order Agenda 21 UN Takeover conspiracy theorist trash mail, there are the political pundits who make part of their living regurgitating it, and there's probably a few loons in the House of Representatives who believe it as well, but yours have gone to the top.

Sounds like more of the same. It's just the strategy of "throw everything possible at the wall and see what sticks".

Example: "This is not about facts or logic. It's about a new world order under the control of the UN"

I could spend an hour or two of my time prying this apart. But do I really need to? I don't think there is anyone in this forum that takes statements like that seriously.

Instead of dealing with elected representatives who vitriolically attack science, we should instead be asking ourselves why representatives who vitriolically attack science are elected in the first place.

Instead of dealing with elected representatives who vitriolically attack science, we should instead be asking ourselves why representatives who vitriolically attack science are elected in the first place.

Politicians attacking science are sometimes elected and we cannot do anything about this. IMO best thing to do would be punishing by law politicians spreading misinformation about the Climate Change/Global Warming issue as I say in the thread mentioned in my post #5. In the case of politicians best punishment would be their removal from the political scene IMO.

Then things will get better. Believe me.

Last edited:
Sounds like more of the same.

It is true that we all collectively shape this world, complaining too much about it is really not that productive, but I do feel helpless sometimes and then a bit of whingeing about my government makes me feel a bit better.

Then things will get better. Believe me.

Raffy I agree that things will get better, the world is a better place today than it was yesterday, maybe because we are all becoming better people. :smile:

Now back to my whinge for today:

An article in SMH, Green power success stories take the wind out of Tony Abbott

Tony Abbott is Australian PM.

Highlights:

The article juxtaposes Germany, world leader in renewables deployment, to the policies of Abbott government.

Germany deploys so many renewables that on April 17 this year the price of electricity went negative, 1MWh was selling for -14.91 Euros.

The Abbott gov displays hostility towards the renewables deployment. It recently cut renewables target for 2020, from 41GWh to 33GWh.

Even Saudi Arabia recognizes the unsustainability of fossil fuels and prepares to move toward exporting electricity generated by wind and solar.

Australian energy sector seems to be moving with the changing times despite the political leadership pedaling backward. AGL, the largest electricity generator (coal) announced its plans to decarbonise by 2050.

I got many criticisms for starting and leading this thread:

Free Speech and Climate Change Skeptics Deniers

Hope that now, after the facts that Auzie reported in this thread, many TMC Members will better understand my views.
I've got very different standards for speech from government officials like Newman than I do for private citizens. The fact that the PM hasn't asked for Newman's resignation is a serious indictment of the credibility of his leadership.

I've got very different standards for speech from government officials like Newman than I do for private citizens. The fact that the PM hasn't asked for Newman's resignation is a serious indictment of the credibility of his leadership.

You are right Robert but this is a comment of political kind. IMO the Climate Change/Global Warming issue is so serious that we need an International Legislation ruling this matter.

You don't understand... the PM appointed him, because he says things like this! Abbott has said stuff like this too.

You don't understand... the PM appointed him, because he says things like this! Abbott has said stuff like this too.
That is what I was thinking, but said it too obliquely. Had the PM fired him, he would at least have had some distance from these blatent falsehoods. That fact that the PM didn't fire him means that the administration is embracing those positions. Sad.

That is what I was thinking, but said it too obliquely. Had the PM fired him, he would at least have had some distance from these blatent falsehoods. That fact that the PM didn't fire him means that the administration is embracing those positions. Sad.

ggr is right, it is quite difficult to understand from afar

Australian PM Tony Abbott delivers superior nuggets than his advisor Maurice

Here is what eloquent TA has to say on climate change and few other topics

TAIDIOT.JPG

On homeless people and boat arrivals

TAMORON.JPG

Again few TA nuggets on climate change, eloquence unsurpassed

TACC.JPG

Often when I read Sydney Morning Herald, I feel like I am reading Onion. The difference is that Onion exists as a funny paper, SMH is quite the opposite, serious paper. SMH is reporting on our politics and politicians as they are and in doing so, SMH leaves Onion in the dust

Last edited: