Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Louisville to chattanooga ie Kentucky Tennessee charging.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chicago to Florida update anyone?I can overnite in Louisville and go south through Nashville to Chattanooga, or east to London and south through Knoxville to Chattanooga. It I need some sort of high speed charge on this leg and every report on Chademo indicates they are all broken one way or another. Are there any HpWCS? Are the Nissan people accommodating always? are they available if it is a Saturday or Sunday? Any contacts to call in advance? There is a Tesla center in Nashville, so there must be a bunch of Teslas. Are they all home charging exclusively Thanks for info. P.S. Evtripplanner has me going to Washington and south. Really long way around.

London to Charranooga is only 198 miles. EV Trip Planner says it will take 223 rated miles in an 85 on 19's, all other conditions default. That is moving at average traffic speed. Slow down a little and you will have more margin.

Also, get a Blink card, load up the Blink app, and give those Cracker Barrel's with CHAdeMO's a try and report status on PlugShare and back here.

Have fun!

1- my first journey - 1500 miles on vehicle
2- P85D
3- 21 inch Contisilent tires.
4- mail in Chicago slow - Blink card not here yet - trying to figure out iOS app.

has anyone used TACC to slipstream ? Behind an 18 wheeler how close? Volvo and the likes have some great engineering reports on significant benefits. But they were truck followed by truck.

Has anyone used TACC to slipstream ? Behind an 18 wheeler how close? Volvo and the likes have some great engineering reports on significant benefits. But they were truck followed by truck.

In my only range anxious moment, I used TACC to hang out with the fastest truck on the interstate. Setting the interval to its longest setting made for an easy ride, and it was fairly interesting to watch the energy screen. Not a dramatic drop, but noticeable and well worth the slower pace.