Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spending time at your local Store and/or Service Center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I think I'm pretty sure I got a bad case of the Teslies LOL! Since ordering my CPO, I've been to my local Store and Service Center 5 times. Three of those times were simple, one hour visits to ask questions about my car and general Tesla questions. The fourth was an "Owner's VIP Grand Opening" event since this is a brand new store where a bunch of people shared stories and learned about what's it like to drive a Tesla in Charlotte. Today, I spent some quality time with a showroom car to play with the UI, look in the nooks and crannies, practice frunk closing, etc. During this time, a number of visitors came by the store, including some owners (even one couple driving through town). There was a group of us sitting in the back "talking shop". Before I knew it, 3 hours had gone by on this fine Saturday afternoon!

Is this normal? Do you spend less time there (in an unofficial capacity) once you get your car? I get my car on Thursday, so I am getting my "fix" on here and in the showroom. That said, the crew at my local center is very nice and I have greatly enjoyed interacting with the store's visitors. Plus I can now say I've seen Green, Brown, Sig Red, MC Red, Titanium, Dolphin Gray, Steel/Midnight Gray, Flat Black, old Blue, Flat White, and Pearl White. Just need to see Ocean Blue and Metallic Black to round out the list!

I went in stores twice at malls without any reason. Just chatted with the people for a few minutes, that's it. I rather spend my time driving the car :)
I had many interesting and fun conversations at Superchargers, though. Beware though, there are some jerks in Teslas. Don't get me wrong, the vast majority are great people, but there are some 'self righteous I'm better than you because I have money' type people.

Agreed, 99.9% of owners are great, but every once in a while you run into, well, a few of our local club members have coined a name for them that I won't repeat here. Let's just say we found what the D in P85D stands for with those people.

The store/service center here is too far for me to just drop in and visit, and once you have your car you'll probably prefer to be driving. If I happen to be near the fancy new one in the new mall in Sarasota, I do pop in for a few minutes just to see if there's anything new.

Congrats on your CPO purchase, it was built not too long before my 60, and I've had zero reliability issues with mine. It's been really rock solid, just a rear window motor freezing, seat belt squeak and the steering click a number of early ones had. All of those fixed immediately while I drove a P85 loaner. Still the best car I've ever owned.

I think I'm pretty sure I got a bad case of the Teslies LOL! Since ordering my CPO, I've been to my local Store and Service Center 5 times. Three of those times were simple, one hour visits to ask questions about my car and general Tesla questions. The fourth was an "Owner's VIP Grand Opening" event since this is a brand new store where a bunch of people shared stories and learned about what's it like to drive a Tesla in Charlotte. Today, I spent some quality time with a showroom car to play with the UI, look in the nooks and crannies, practice frunk closing, etc. During this time, a number of visitors came by the store, including some owners (even one couple driving through town). There was a group of us sitting in the back "talking shop". Before I knew it, 3 hours had gone by on this fine Saturday afternoon!

Is this normal? Do you spend less time there (in an unofficial capacity) once you get your car? I get my car on Thursday, so I am getting my "fix" on here and in the showroom. That said, the crew at my local center is very nice and I have greatly enjoyed interacting with the store's visitors. Plus I can now say I've seen Green, Brown, Sig Red, MC Red, Titanium, Dolphin Gray, Steel/Midnight Gray, Flat Black, old Blue, Flat White, and Pearl White. Just need to see Ocean Blue and Metallic Black to round out the list!

i still go looking to the showroom in Bellevue, WA, and i,ve had my car two plus years. They are just beautiful. Look at this coppery brown color. Sorry for lapse of privacy for owner. I thought this was a gorgeous special color. As seen at Ft Tejon and Harris Ranch 4/15/15.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 653
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 628
I would never spend a Saturday afternoon at a Tesla gallery. It seems like such an unsensible use of valuable time :tongue:

Furthermore, I don't waste time reading every post on this site either ;)

And you would never have your sweet, cute daughter enjoy some playtime in the trunk and rear footwell with the other kids as their parents have a "kid in the candy store" moment with the rest of the car! ;)

i still go looking to the showroom in Bellevue, WA, and i,ve had my car two plus years. They are just beautiful. Look at this coppery brown color. Sorry for lapse of privacy for owner. I thought this was a gorgeous special color. As seen at Ft Tejon and Harris Ranch 4/15/15.

OK, this really looks like Dennis' color:

Model S Paint - factory custom? - Page 3

Dennis? Was it you this time?