Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continental Silent 5p tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got them and I'm about 7k miles into them. The feel of the tires are great and they are indeed quiet. The foam inserts inside do make a big difference, but I'm wondering if they are worth it since my only concern with them is that they don't last as long as the Conti extreme contacts and are expensive.

I got them and I'm about 7k miles into them. The feel of the tires are great and they are indeed quiet. The foam inserts inside do make a big difference, but I'm wondering if they are worth it since my only concern with them is that they don't last as long as the Conti extreme contacts and are expensive.
Do you have the 21's and when do you think you will have to replace them. Thanks for the info.

Do you have the 21's and when do you think you will have to replace them. Thanks for the info.

I have the 21". My guess is around 15-17k mile range. I got them at Tesla service center as they were slightly cheaper than the price shown on Tire Rack ($375 vs $407 or so). I was originally going to get the Michelin Super Sports, but they weren't available (and still aren't available) on Tire Rack. I think the next set of tires I'm going to try are the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's. Heard those were pretty good for performance (dunno about noise) and half the price of the Conti Silents.

I have the 21". My guess is around 15-17k mile range. I got them at Tesla service center as they were slightly cheaper than the price shown on Tire Rack ($375 vs $407 or so). I was originally going to get the Michelin Super Sports, but they weren't available (and still aren't available) on Tire Rack. I think the next set of tires I'm going to try are the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2's. Heard those were pretty good for performance (dunno about noise) and half the price of the Conti Silents.
Thanks Frank, that is decent mileage. I could not find them on Tire Rack unless they are called something else.

I just read your post after starting a new thread about owners experience with the Evo2s yesterday. They seem like a great deal for the price and Consumers Report gives them a good rating too. I am seriously considering them.

I had an S85 loaner a couple of months ago which came with ContiSportContact 5, not ContiSportContact 5P. I just checked a video of it on my phone where I got a close-up of the sidewall. I remember thinking to myself that the ride was quieter than I had expected, but initially attributed it to the air suspension which my car doesn't have.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ContiSportContact+5P

One of the main reasons I went with 19s from the factory was due to my understanding of additional tire noise with the larger wheels (and cost ... and relatively limited tread life). Perhaps these tires will justify my desire to go 21?

For my staggered P+ wheels, I have been considering the Contisilent equipped tires in the 245 fronts and 275 rears after my PS2s are gone.

Unfortunately it looks like it is the 5 in 245s for the front, and the 5P 275 rears are the only choices with the Contisilent. Any big difference between the 5 and the 5P?