Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you drive before your Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny, exactly the same for me!

I miss the red seats... but nothing else ! :)

DSC00561pp.JPG

No kidding! Mine is titanium silver on black. Still driving mine until delivery. Live the car but cannot wait for the 85D

I won't lie to you, the wait until late-June will be terrible! But its well worth it. I did the switch in November 2013 and will never buy a gas car again. Maybe you are wondering if you'll miss the exhaust rumble, manual transmission (maybe you had AT)...? I can tell you, you won't. Just silence & much better acceleration. Transmission and gear changes are so vintage.

Maybe you are wondering if you'll miss the exhaust rumble, manual transmission ... I can tell you, you won't. Just silence & much better acceleration. Transmission and gear changes are so vintage.

BMW E39 M5... I still drive it from time to time, and even with the model s, it's still a kick ass fun car to drive. I definitely would miss it if it were gone.

I also sold a 2010 BMW Z4 when I got the model s, and that too was a fun little car... I miss it a little bit.

I sold a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster for my S 85. The Aston is a great car, but honestly, I got bored with it. Expensive to maintain, horrible resale (if you drive it and put miles on it like I was doing), and the tech is SO old. But she was a beauty. At least we still have the 911!
Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 7.52.23 AM.jpg

I won't lie to you, the wait until late-June will be terrible! But its well worth it. I did the switch in November 2013 and will never buy a gas car again. Maybe you are wondering if you'll miss the exhaust rumble, manual transmission (maybe you had AT)...? I can tell you, you won't. Just silence & much better acceleration. Transmission and gear changes are so vintage.

Yes I have a 6 speed manual and have had 3 BMW's all with manual since I enjoyed the sheer pleasure of driving .

- - - Updated - - -

I sold a 2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster for my S 85. The Aston is a great car, but honestly, I got bored with it. Expensive to maintain, horrible resale (if you drive it and put miles on it like I was doing), and the tech is SO old. But she was a beauty. At least we still have the 911!
View attachment 80398

beautiful cars indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

VW Touareg (V8). Don't miss the $150 weekly fill-ups!

Im looking forward to bypassing the gas station and the minimal maintenance for sure

- - - Updated - - -

BMW E39 M5... I still drive it from time to time, and even with the model s, it's still a kick ass fun car to drive. I definitely would miss it if it were gone.

I also sold a 2010 BMW Z4 when I got the model s, and that too was a fun little car... I miss it a little bit.[/QUOTE

i must admit I have thought of keeping my 335. It did feel "old" after the Tesla but rowing through the gears is something I will likely miss.

2005 Nissan Altima.
I never bought a really expensive car until the Tesla. I was looking for a 100% electric car with a lot of range, and the Tesla showed up just as my Altima was dying.

I sold my 1998 Nissan Altima when I got my Tesla. I was never interested in luxury cars and wouldn't have spent more than 45k on anything else.....probably something used for under 30k. Not a second of buyer's remorse in 13 months with my S85. I wanted an EV and since it's my only vehicle I need the range to get to Edmonton a couple times a year from Vancouver.