Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla gives Toyota CEO a new Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has given Akio Toyoda his very own Tesla Roadster on the eve of the Tokyo store opening.

I thought this was great. I hope he finds the time to actually drive it.

toyoda-and-musk-630.jpg

Thanks for the redirect. That custom Twilight Red is gorgeous; just when I though I was getting sick of red in general for cars (had 2 and currently own 1).
Yeah. I wish that was an option when I ordered my Roadster. I don't even have it yet so I probably should stop thinking about the color choice I guess. Can't wait until it gets here. I guess one could order the Twilight Red as a custom color for $6,000.

I just purchased a Roadster here in Tokyo and got an explaination about the custom paint option -- even if they are using the Japanese quote sheet, the cost of a custom paint job for cars sold here (any color or theme you want) is a $7,500 (600,000 yen) option. Still not exactly a bargain, but not $49,000 either.... The reporter likely is just off by a zero or so. I saw Mr. Toyoda with his car, and it is stunning. It's also generating lots of great publicity. I must have seen it on television 15 times. An expensive present indeed, but very, very smart. The PR value + the way it will cement the relationship with Mr. Toyoda are well worth it. The black wheels may have been a bit too much, but he sure looks like he loves that car!