Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A week into CPO ownership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's officially been 1 week since taking ownership of my MS60 and I have zero regrets! The car is beautiful and I get stopped everywhere I go. I've always had nice cars however none that stand out as much as this one does. I was hesitant about getting the 60kWh however with multiple supercharger stations in the DC/VA/MD area, getting around is a breeze. First time I've also been able to drive in the HOV lane by myself during restricted hours without having to look over my shoulder :) ahh the little things. Best of luck to all of you who will be receiving yours in the coming weeks. I'm pretty positive that the vehicles that are being listed far exceed expectations regarding condition. My car was delivered to me damn near brand new, aside from minor cosmetic work. They even went as far as getting the jean dye transfer out of the driver's seat. I shaved off the 60 on the back of my Tesla too in order to make people wonder haha is it a 60 or a P85....

IMG_6055.JPG

The white car with black wheels makes a sweet combination. It certainly looks like a P85. The 60 is nothing to be ashamed of but you don't have to advertise it either. It lets someone focus on the fact that it is a Tesla and leave it at that.

Congratulations.

Well I gotta tell you, I'm green with jealous rage right now. Haha. My CPO is en route on a truck, hopefully closer to PHX than ATL. So glad to hear that the experience has been a positive one so far! Can't wait to add my story to yours.

Well I gotta tell you, I'm green with jealous rage right now. Haha. My CPO is en route on a truck, hopefully closer to PHX than ATL. So glad to hear that the experience has been a positive one so far! Can't wait to add my story to yours.

For the prices the MS60's were/are going for, it was a no brainer for me. Got mine prior to CPO site launch @ $61k which I felt was a steal at the time given the year and mileage associated. Post pics when you get yours!

Glad to hear it! BTW, what did you end up doing with the 19" wheels?

This time next week, I'll have mine. I got the "Configuration & Final Price" paperwork from my DS yesterday. Got my loan check today. Now I impatiently wait to get the car. Oh, and I need to call Kelly Ryan and ask if someone on her team would be kind enough to give me a ride to pick up my car! ;)

I love my 60!!!! I bought it from Tesla after it completed life as a service loaner, and have never looked back. My current record is 650 miles in one day in it, so dont let anyone tell you that a 60 does not have the legs for road tripping, or that it is an inferior product.

I too am looking at a 60. Will be trading in my 2014 Stingray that is my dream car that I love for a Tesla. I mapped out the three routes I need to make to visit family and friends and with ONE exception I can make it even in the winter using the current S/C network and that will only get better.

the fact the M3 will have almost the exact same range tells me the M60 will never OBSOLETE.

i can't wait to make the move. BTW our second car is a 2013 Volt that I have operated for the last 2 years over 92% electric. And has been flawless. one of the most unappreciated vehicles sold in America.

Just picked up my CPO today, what a dream to drive. I too have been stopped everywhere by people wanting to see it. The best part was driving to the Ford dealer where I had bought my Focus Electric to cancel the extended warranty. Every salesman, except mine (his day off) wanted to see it. I exhibited the Auto Lock / Auto Unlock about a half dozen times. It now sits charging in my garage until my parents get here. I am certain that they will want a ride. Congrats on OP CPO, and all the other intrepid CPO buyers.

Glad to hear it! BTW, what did you end up doing with the 19" wheels?

This time next week, I'll have mine. I got the "Configuration & Final Price" paperwork from my DS yesterday. Got my loan check today. Now I impatiently wait to get the car. Oh, and I need to call Kelly Ryan and ask if someone on her team would be kind enough to give me a ride to pick up my car! ;)

Wheels are in my garage and may become my winter wheels.

"I shaved off the 60 on the back of my Tesla too in order to make people wonder haha is it a 60 or a P85...."

Oh, ya damn poser! :smile: Be proud of what you have and the incredible deal you got! I bought a P85+ and basically paid too much in the end, based on all the changes lately. Though I have no regrets.

Ya dun good and I hope you love it!!!

Don't be ashamed of having a 60? :biggrin:
What are guys talking about? I have a 60 and I never looked at it this way. I could've gone with an 85 but I preferred a loaded 60 over a stripped 85 for my needs. I rarely needed all the battery capacity and the superchargers are everywhere I normally go. It's been a year and it's the best car I ever driven. I have the badge and I will never remove it. A guy with an 85 once got surprised that I was doing 110~120km/h between Toronto and Kingston with my 60 (~250km). Many people underestimate the 60's range/efficiency.

Don't be ashamed of having a 60? :biggrin:
What are guys talking about? I have a 60 and I never looked at it this way. I could've gone with an 85 but I preferred a loaded 60 over a stripped 85 for my needs. I rarely needed all the battery capacity and the superchargers are everywhere I normally go. It's been a year and it's the best car I ever driven. I have the badge and I will never remove it. A guy with an 85 once got surprised that I was doing 110~120km/h between Toronto and Kingston with my 60 (~250km). Many people underestimate the 60's range/efficiency.

Well said.

And I'll add that is a VERY nicely equipped 60. Congrats!

Y'know its all about whats affordable and practical for an individual Tesla owner. Glad to see CPO can come through for you. We will have more to come as more MSs come off lease. And the P85D upgrades. Great to have more owners join our community!

The only problem for the S60 is once the battery degrades enough, you are really going to miss the range to make it to the next supercharging station.

Here are some numbers:

100% - 208 miles
95% - 197.6 miles
90% - 187.2 miles
85% - 176.8 miles
80% - 166.4 miles

So my point is around 80% capacity, you might not make it to the next charging station if they are spaced more than 170 miles between each other. I know that supercharging station are planned to be only 100 miles from each other, but just know you cannot venture too far away from one. And we all know Tesla are placing them in 100 miles radius not really 100 miles driving distance.

This is one of the reason why I will only get the 85 if I really want this car to replace my current ICE car

The only problem for the S60 is once the battery degrades enough, you are really going to miss the range to make it to the next supercharging station.

Here are some numbers:

100% - 208 miles
95% - 197.6 miles
90% - 187.2 miles
85% - 176.8 miles
80% - 166.4 miles

So my point is around 80% capacity, you might not make it to the next charging station if they are spaced more than 170 miles between each other. I know that supercharging station are planned to be only 100 miles from each other, but just know you cannot venture too far away from one. And we all know Tesla are placing them in 100 miles radius not really 100 miles driving distance.
I think by the time this might be an issue the Gen 3 line will motivate tighter supercharger distances.