Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NASA Earth science budget cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This Is What Happens When You Elect Climate Change Deniers

The supposed rationale for the committee's cuts is that the members believe NASA should be focusing on space, not on earth science. Committee Chair Lamar Smith (R-Texas) argued that the budget will "restore balance" and "ensure the U.S. continues to lead in space for the next 50 years." The budget does allocate more funding to other areas of research.
But it's also no secret that Smith is not into climate change. Smith has referred to environmentalists and others who worry about climate change as "global warming alarmists" and criticized the media for not airing enough "dissenting opinions" on the subject. He recently penned an op-ed for The Wall Street Journal that decried "the climate-change religion."

I like this quote
Nor has Smith seemed particularly interested in learning more on the subject. In his first year as chairman of the committee, he held more hearings on aliens than on climate science.

wow. Or this one when he's talking about the IPCC report:

"We don’t know enough yet to make decisions that are going to hurt our economy or hurt the American people," he argued, adding, "Let’s continue to gather the facts, make sure the science is correct."

Oh, so we can cut OUR funding for collecting facts, but the rest of the world can continue to investigate?

One of the reasons I left TX
This really doesn't have anything to do with Texas. Just because the one congressman that is the head of the committee is from there, doesn't really mean anything. In the article, there was another person from Texas that didn't want the cuts. I think this is more about people not voting during the mid-term elections. A lot of these wackos (Republicans and Democrats) seem to get in when there are mid-term elections.