Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Acquiring Michigan-Based Tool & Die Company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
http://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...quisition-riviera-tool-grand-rapids/70916758/

Riviera, which makes stamping parts that are shipped to Tesla's assembly plant in Fremont, Calif., has about 100 employees. Tesla is expected to retain those workers and eventually rename the operation Tesla Tool & Die, said the source who is not authorized to speak publicly about the transaction.

I've got to note that I really like seeing their presence expanding like this, especially in Michigan. Especially in Michigan.

I'm happy to see Tesla's future in Michigan got a little brighter. It may just be the influence they need to get the laws changed so they can sell and service within the state.

At first, when I read the headline from this article posted in IRC, I was hoping it was one of the two major auto suppliers neighboring my workplace, so my car wouldn't feel so alone in the parking lot.

I'm happy to see Tesla's future in Michigan got a little brighter. It may just be the influence they need to get the laws changed so they can sell and service within the state.

At first, when I read the headline from this article posted in IRC, I was hoping it was one of the two major auto suppliers neighboring my workplace, so my car wouldn't feel so alone in the parking lot.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tesla getting more involved in the rust belt. California is great for software and tech, but the rust belt has a tremendous amount of expertise in the the nuts and bolts of what it takes to produce all of the other vehicle parts in high volumes.

I'm guessing that Tesla was subcontracting a lot of their tooling to this company and that commercial matters were slowing things down. At a certain point it was simply cheaper and quicker to buy the company and then they could dictate what gets done and when without getting overcharged.