Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this topic has been touched on before, but it seemed more like from 2013. I'm expecting delivery of a new D 70 in mid to late June. I really would like a center console so I ordered the Tesla premium center console from the gear online site.

They just sent me an email to confirm it was a good idea because they are having delays in the fulfillment.

I was just curious if anyone else has or recently ordered one of the front consoles, and the wait time or delivery time you experienced? Of course the only one available right now is the piano black, but that's the one I ordered and want.

Thanks!

I have a 70D on order as well and decided to go with the console from Evannex. From everything I read the quality on the Tesla one seems to lack a little. Everything on the Evannex one I read is generally positive. I received mine last week and can confirm its nicely built.

I have a 70D on order as well and decided to go with the console from Evannex. From everything I read the quality on the Tesla one seems to lack a little. Everything on the Evannex one I read is generally positive. I received mine last week and can confirm its nicely built.

I thought the Evannex one wasted space and the Tesla one's quality had improved substantially.

To wrap up the thread. I did hear back and they confirmed there is about a 2 week delivery time on center console. I'll have it delivered and installed ok by the time I take initial delivery. Just FYI if anyone wants it at start, order 3+ weeks in advance or when your order confirms to be safe.

To wrap up the thread. I did hear back and they confirmed there is about a 2 week delivery time on center console. I'll have it delivered and installed ok by the time I take initial delivery. Just FYI if anyone wants it at start, order 3+ weeks in advance or when your order confirms to be safe.

Darn, that would have been good to know 2 weeks or so ago.

Thanks for posting it for others!

The piano black console was supposed to be installed at the factory for me prior to car delivery. They actually had it. But due to many mix-ups on Tesla's part, it took almost 3 months to have it done. I was OK with it. I was way too busy to worry about it. I hope they have improved those logistics. I much prefer the Tesla version to the EVannex version. It looks much better to my eye, fits completely seamlessly and looks like it belongs, has more cupholders, since the armrest ones are just plain awful in real life, and it has a HUGE amount of storage space. Given that they are the same price (with Tesla including install), why not go with the factory? I have Obeche Matte wood and got the Piano Black version. But my lid is always open due to my phone, so I don't even see the black, which, in my opinion, looks great anyway. I don't think they are shipping the other finishes yet (crazy).

I found it interesting to hear how some of you managed to have the center console installed prior to taking delivery. When I asked my DS what service center to have it shipped to (one where I'm taking delivery, or most convenient one for a post-delivery visit), I got a vague answer that seemed to imply I should pick the latter. Now I wonder what's going to happen.

My experience was a bit crazy. The CC was delivered to the factory, where I was scheduled to receive the car. But I could not get there, so they delivered the car to my home in the Santa Cruz mountains. Then they shipped the CC to Sunnyvale, (my home SC) which did not work for me, as I worked in San Mateo. Then they shipped it to Burlingame (closer to work). Then they shipped it BACK to Sunnyvale because they saw that as my home SC. THEN they shipped it BACK to to Burlingame and I finally got it installed. Took three months, even though it was at the factory during my build. Crazy making to be sure.

Who knows. All I can say is that regardless of the craziness, they were a dream to deal with and were very concerned about making it work for me in the end. And they did.

Tesla is a young company. As we do with our own kids, we need to give a bit of slack.

My experience was a bit crazy. The CC was delivered to the factory, where I was scheduled to receive the car. But I could not get there, so they delivered the car to my home in the Santa Cruz mountains. Then they shipped the CC to Sunnyvale, (my home SC) which did not work for me, as I worked in San Mateo. Then they shipped it to Burlingame (closer to work). Then they shipped it BACK to Sunnyvale because they saw that as my home SC. THEN they shipped it BACK to to Burlingame and I finally got it installed. Took three months, even though it was at the factory during my build. Crazy making to be sure.

Who knows. All I can say is that regardless of the craziness, they were a dream to deal with and were very concerned about making it work for me in the end. And they did.

Tesla is a young company. As we do with our own kids, we need to give a bit of slack.

Is your CC in obece matte, or piano black?