Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of current BEVs and plug ins and other hybrids

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bhzmark

Jul 21, 2013
Virginia publishes a list of cars that qualify for clean fuel plates which is a nice reference for new car technology. I learned about the cool plug in Cayenne for instance. Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Aside from the obvious Tesla mistake to include the no more Roadster as a 2015 model and the not yet Model X, any other mistakes or other vehicles missing?

• Acura ILX 1.5L, Acura RLX 3.5L
  • BMW I3 REX 0.6L Plug-in
  • BMW I8 1.5L Plug-in
  • Cadillac ELR 1.4L
  • Chevrolet Volt 1.4L
  • Ford C-Max 2.0L, Ford C-Max Energi Plug-in 2.0L, Ford Fusion 2.0L, Ford Fusion Energi Plug-in 2.0L
  • Honda Accord 2.0L, Honda Civic 1.5L (auto-CVS trans.), Honda Civic 1.5L (Man.), Honda CR-Z 1.5L
  • Hyundai Sonata 2.4L
  • Kia Optima 2.4L
  • Lexus CT200h 1.8L, Lexus ES300h 2.5L, Lexus GS450h 3.5L, Lexus LS 600h, Lexus NX300h 2.5L, Lexus RX450h 3.5L
  • Lincoln MKZ 2.0L
  • Mercedes-Benz E400 3.5
  • Nissan Leaf
  • Porsche Cayenne S plug-in 3.0L, Porsche Panamera S 3.0L
  • Subaru XV Crosstrek 2.0L
  • Tesla Roadster, Tesla S, Tesla X
  • Toyota Avalon 2.5L, Toyota Camry 2.5L, Toyota Highlander 3.5L, Toyota Prius c 1.5L, Toyota Prius v 1.8L, Toyota Prius 1.8L, Toyota Prius 1.8L plug-in
  • Volkswagen Jetta 1.4L

Isn't this is a list of vehicles that qualify for the clean fuel plates in calendar year 2015, not vehicles produced in model year 2015? It doesn't seem like a mistake to me: there are plenty of Roadsters still out there and Model X will ship in this calendar year.

A car in a given model year that's on the list for that model year qualifies forever. All the Honda insights qualify for instance but they're not listed in 2015 because there isn't any insight in 2015. Same with Lexus 250 and probably other hybrids that have been cancelled All the other cars on the 2015 model year list look to be current except the Roadster

I'm not 100% sure what 'current' means in this case? Cars that can still be bought new from the manufacturer? Cars that have a new model coming out in 2015/2016?

Renaults line-up might be worth adding either way: ZOE, Fluence, Kangoo ZE and Twizzy. Though I don't know whether they are available in the States or not.

Virginia publishes a list of cars that qualify for clean fuel plates which is a nice reference for new car technology. Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles

Aside from the obvious Tesla mistake to include the no more Roadster as a 2015 model and the not yet Model X, any other mistakes or other vehicles missing?

but... but... in your OP you included this line:
Tesla Roadster, Tesla S, Tesla X

Ummm.... two of those things fail this criteria.

But but. That why I ummm wrote what I wrote.

Last edited: