Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

traction control woes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all yee tesla heads!!!

over the last 3 days i have had 3 traction control event that have limited me to 80KWH power. these have occurred all on hard surfaces. first on sat pulling away from a light at a right hand turn and i had to fully pull my foot off the pedal to get full power back. this was a bit hairy due to a car rapidly approaching that i was expecting to pull away from. second, yesterday, was a roll on as a light i was approaching turned green. third, last night, was on a clover leaf on ramp to 101 and as i started to roll on it engaged again. i have opened a ticket and they say logs do not look askew. normally when i stuff my foot in it and the traction light comes on the car keeps accelerating but limit power to a specific part/wheel. anyone else had anything similar?

My traction control on occasion kicks in for no apparent reason. Tires warm on a clean dry even pavement with no oil or debris. It happened today. In fact, I didn't even punch it hard. Just a normal brisk acceleration and nothing. The traction control light was flashing as I inched forward. The car behind me actually honked because it took off so slowly.

P85D with 19" wheels.

On a dry surface, I can hardly get the wheels to spin when I punch it. It compensates and just becomes a blur; traction control may pop up extremely briefly, but you hardly even notice it. When it's wet, I can get it to slip a bit but even then I've never experienced what you've described as the car inching forward. I'm currently on .188 but this has been the case for me since I got the car. I'm thoroughly impressed how it doesn't slip or spin and I don't really even notice the traction control.